Plugin Contributions

Default [Not a bug] 139c updating code.... query

on manually updating my 139b site to 139c site... i noticed this:

in admin/categories.php
    change line 238
    zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&cID=' . $categories_id));

to

zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&cID=' . $categories_id . ((isset($_GET['search']) && !empty($_GET['search'])) ? '&search=' . $_GET['search'] : '')));

however the code on line 238 is repeated on line 279 and is not updated in 139c

does that line 279 remain the same from 139b to 139c

(christ, all these numbers make my head spin)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 139c updating code.... query

The code was intentionally left as you see it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: [Not a bug] 139c updating code.... query

you couldnt give some advice on using winmerge again could you?

when trying to merge 139b files with 139c files winmerge is highlighting both panes yellow. Indicating that winmerge finds both files completely different.

but only on about 50% of the files i compare.

example admin/layout_controller.php shows 3 lines that have changed.

but admin/categories.php the whole thing is highlighted....

its driving me mad... as i have added mods that insert code to these files so i need to winmerge rather than copy the files over.

been at it all day, really ****ed off with winmerge
    close to not upgrading 139b to 139c as i dont do downloads, sell music, offer free shipping, only use SWGUYs invoice as payment. had no session errors etc..

why does winmerge show the differences on some files and other says the whole thing is different?.. when i can see its not, its like 2 line different..

ARGH lol

Plugin Contributions

its ok it doesnt matter...

im not gunna upgrade from 139b to 139c.

After the day i have had trying to do it, failing each time i dont need the hassle. Also from reading the problem post from those that have already moved to 139b to 139c... i dont need more of a headache.

for me, 139b works without error, its an online ordering site,nowt more.. i take no money online, dont use FCKeditor, dont use coupons, have not experienced any session problem on windows Vista or 7 (even after having and active admin & store session running all day) and the lightest thing i sell is about 15kg,,, so free shipping will never apply.

also i took down a 138a site to rebuild a 139a site, almost finished that when 139b came out. Started again and just finished that for 139c to come out. I know my luck, if I stated again at 95% complete 139d will be out, lol

unless it's a security update, im just going to wait for 2.0 before changing anything more... too many mods installed now and it goes over my head.

One thing i did notice on the 1 test site that didnt break, was that the zenID remained in the URL bar on every page click. tested on the usual 4 browsers etc...

i cant do it, so never mind

cheers anyway tho

Plugin Contributions

freash install of 139c... (test site)

cache logs show

[20-May-2010 10:19:28] PHP Warning: preg_replace() [<a href='function.preg-replace'>function.preg-replace</a>]: Unknown modifier 'v' in /var/www/html/test/admin/layout_controller.php on line 224

dont know what it means... doesnt seem to cause any major problems...?

just thought you'd like you know incase

a) you didnt know
    b) it is important

p.s. for the record i make a proper bright geek do my winmerging of 139b file to 139b file... will try upgrading and moan back this afternoon LOL

Plugin Contributions

madness...

i finally grew a pair after testing testing testing and my upgraded 139b to 139c site c/w with mods seems to work fine... cant seem to reproduce the problems other seem to be having... (yet)