Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can't get Livehelp Sidebox to work

I have been trying to get either Crafty Syntax or Livehelp sideboxes to work for the past couple of days and am not having any luck.

I installed Crafty Syntax first via my server control panel EasyApps Collection. Tested it on a static web page, then I downloaded the mod for the Crafty Syntax sidebox. I followed the install directions finally got the box to show up but the images didn't show up plus the link would only take you to Crafty Syntax web site. I searched both Zen support forum and CS support forum and had no luck finding an answer. CS works if I don't use it in Zen Cart.

Then I thought I'd try Livehelp, again installed it through EasyApps Collection from my server control panel. Put the link on a static HTML page and tested it.. it also works. So I downloaded the mod for the Livehelp sidebox.

When I turn the switch on through the Layout Control panel and refresh my home page, all I see is the header and the sideboxes on the left (except for the Livehelp sidebox!), Nothing shows up in centershop and the right hand sideboxes disappear. When I switch it back off, all goes back to normal.

I searched the forum but couldn't find anything. I had also posted regarding the same problem earlier in the week but I think I put my question in the wrong category. Sorry!
    [FONT="Tahoma"]TLC Creations[/FONT]
    [FONT="Arial"]tlccreations.com[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't get Livehelp Sidebox to work

so you mean there's no "online" and "offline" images showing on ur site?

did you change the tpl_craftysyntax_sidebox.php file?
    you need to change da following~~

mine didn't work becuz i installed to a directory that wasn't under my domain
    but at the end... figured it out.....

//
    $cs_dir = "livehelp"; <---- Directory where Crafty Syntax Live Help is installed
    //
    $cs_dept = ""; <---- -Department that you will be monitoring.
    //
    $cs_pingtimes = "15"; <--- Pingtimes as set in Crafty Syntax.

Nope! The box was there but there were no images and if you clicked on the little "x" where the images were supposed to be, you ended up at Crafty Syntax instead of having live help pop up.

I gave up on CS and ended up using the 'Blank Box' contribution and put Help Center Live in that. I guess it's working ok, have had a couple of friends to intiate a chat but haven't had any customer chats yet.

I might try your suggestion just to see if I can get it to work. but what about the link going to Crafty Syntax?

TLC

Plugin Contributions

you do not need to enter any links
    becuz you've already given the directory
    so i guess live help will detect it itself

well, i just downloaded the sidebox from here
    and installed live help

after installation, i got the code
    and i only need to edit one file
    so i just followed the steps
    it worked okay on me~~

I finally got 'Help Center Live' to work a couple days ago after I posted about not being able to get Crafty Syntax to work. I'm just happy to have one or the other working!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nailsquare
    you do not need to enter any links
    becuz you've already given the directory
    so i guess live help will detect it itself

well, i just downloaded the sidebox from here
    and installed live help

after installation, i got the code
    and i only need to edit one file
    so i just followed the steps
    it worked okay on me~~

I'm having a similar problem with crafty syntax. I installed it to www.mydomain.com/teststore/livehelp, registered, generated the code, edited includes/templates/template_default/sideboxes/tpl_craftysyntax_sidebox.php and uploaded all the files. The box shows up on my main page, but I cannot click on anything in it. I'm guessing I need to copy the code that was generated and put it somewhere....where do I put the code? The crafty syntax module instructions do not say where to put the code.

kay6284

Try this file

/includes/templates/template_default/sideboxes/your_sidebox_name.php

I actually got Crafty Syntax working on my site this week by creating a new sidebox and using that since I couldn't get the download CS mod sidebox to work. I'm not sure if it was because I used my control panel to install it the first time or what happened.

I got Help Center Live to work but still wanted Crafty Syntax instead so I downloaded CS from the CS web site and installed it manually and then used my own extra sidebox and got it to work.

Wish I could remember everything I did so I could help you! Let me know if this works for you!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kay6284
    I'm having a similar problem with crafty syntax. I installed it to www.mydomain.com/teststore/livehelp, registered, generated the code, edited includes/templates/template_default/sideboxes/tpl_craftysyntax_sidebox.php and uploaded all the files. The box shows up on my main page, but I cannot click on anything in it. I'm guessing I need to copy the code that was generated and put it somewhere....where do I put the code? The crafty syntax module instructions do not say where to put the code.

kay6284
    you put the code in tpl_craftysyntax_sidebox.php

i guess you should edit the directory file
    well, i put "livehelp" because i installed it to mystore/livehelp
    so i guess for urs, you have to say "teststore" or "teststore/livehelp"
    but i am not so sure since urs is not a direct directory

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TLC
    Try this file

/includes/templates/template_default/sideboxes/your_sidebox_name.php

I actually got Crafty Syntax working on my site this week by creating a new sidebox and using that since I couldn't get the download CS mod sidebox to work. I'm not sure if it was because I used my control panel to install it the first time or what happened.

I got Help Center Live to work but still wanted Crafty Syntax instead so I downloaded CS from the CS web site and installed it manually and then used my own extra sidebox and got it to work.

Wish I could remember everything I did so I could help you! Let me know if this works for you!
    ok...I placed the code in tpl_craftysyntax_sidebox.php and a pic appears on my main page, but it is located above the sidebox. I've moved it around, but cannot find the right place in the file to place the generated code so that the pic will display inside the sidebox.

kay6284

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kay6284
    ok...I placed the code in tpl_craftysyntax_sidebox.php and a pic appears on my main page, but it is located above the sidebox. I've moved it around, but cannot find the right place in the file to place the generated code so that the pic will display inside the sidebox.

kay6284
    I forgot to add that I am able to contact help by clicking onthe pic for live help. So I know that part of it is working.

kay6284

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast