Plugin Contributions

Default suddenly all of the subpages of my site stopped working....

I have a related question... if 5.3 is compatible with ZC 1.3.9, then what if you had a template built during the time of 1.3.8a ... that was then applied to 1.3.9c... worked fine... and then the PHP environment changed from 5.2.11 to 5.3.2, and suddenly all of the subpages of the site stopped working.... because that's what just happened to me today... and I'm trying to figure out if it is a PHP compatibility issue or not... Here's the site in question: www.kaylala.com

I purchased the template from Algozone, which was originally built for ZC 1.3.8a with backwards compatibility to 1.3.7. The only core files that the template overwrote were: /includes/functions/html_output.php and /admin/template_select.php

I have a ticket open with Algozone that I'm waiting on a reply for.

Thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: what happened?!

There were several important changes to the html_output.php file from v1.3.8 to v1.3.9. It's possible that your use of the older version of that file could be the problem.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: what happened?!

Could that html_output.php file cause problems with only the sub pages and still not interfere with the main page?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: suddenly all of the subpages of my site stopped working....

UPDATE: my problems stemmed from my template adding sideboxes every time I reinstalled it... the multiple copies of the same enabled sideboxes were causing my problem. Had to delete the cache on the database and reinstall the template one last time to get it to work... disabling certain sideboxes also worked. Now, I just have to make sure I don't switch templates back and forth or enable the wrong sideboxes... not a perfect fix, but it's working.