Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default COWOA Module (my update for ZC v1.3.x)

I have just uploaded an updated COWOA for ZenCart 1.3.9c and compatable with PHP 5.3x.

It is my Version 1.4. I did not write this modification, just combined all the add-ons to be in one install and cleaned it up considerably. All credits that were in the install.txt file remain there.

I did add the ability to be able to turn COWOA and Order Status E-Mails on or off in the Admin Configuration Screen.

If you have your own mods in the files that get over written, just edit the file and copy and paste out wherever it says COWOA above each addition to your file.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: COWOA - Updated and Combined

Hi, I had COWOA when I first started my site but later on found that I couldn't use it becuase my products were downloadable therefore won't work with COWOA.

Anyway, when upgrading to 1.3.9d, I still have the inserts on the overwrite files. Is it safe to just get rid of all the inserts e.g "If COWOA..etc" code from the over write files?

I'm assuming since the code is conditional, it should not get into errors if the condition is not present? I still have the SQL there and all other files though.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sunflowertami View Post
    Hi, I had COWOA when I first started my site but later on found that I couldn't use it becuase my products were downloadable therefore won't work with COWOA.

Anyway, when upgrading to 1.3.9d, I still have the inserts on the overwrite files. Is it safe to just get rid of all the inserts e.g "If COWOA..etc" code from the over write files?

I'm assuming since the code is conditional, it should not get into errors if the condition is not present? I still have the SQL there and all other files though.
    The original version of this particular COWOA had no way to be turned on and off, so the IF statement will trigger if someone uses the COWOA to check out with. At the very least, you should remove it from the login page, that way the IF statements will not trigger because it is no longer an option.

When you say your products are downloadable, you mean that they are FREE Downloadables?

Plugin Contributions

Ok thanks for replying!

Yes the COWOA is not present in the login page, I disabled it. So it should be safe.

The downloadable items are free and some are paid.

Plugin Contributions

In what way did it not work for you? Is it because they needed to create an account so they could access the downloadable files and if they used COWOA they wouldn't get access to the order?

Plugin Contributions

Yup exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by JTheed View Post
    In what way did it not work for you? Is it because they needed to create an account so they could access the downloadable files and if they used COWOA they wouldn't get access to the order?

Plugin Contributions

Yup exactly!
    Oh, well if you still want to use it, try my version. I added in what was an add-on to a version of COWOA that will send an e-mail to a COWOA customer and when they want to see there order, they click on the link sent and enter the email address they gave at checkout and the order#. It then displays that individual order number only. They can't put just any order number, it has to be associated with the e-mail address that they used when they placed the order.
    The controls for this have also been added to the Admin Configurations screen to trun it on and off.

I do not have downloadables on the site I run, but an order is an order. I have posted it on the file section here, but it hasn't been checked yet. You can currently get it from My Mods Site.

Plugin Contributions

hey thanks! I'll check it out

Plugin Contributions

Hi JT

I am not clear what is going on here as there seem to be several latest releases of this mod - yours and those of craftzombie as linked here.

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=987.

Dazed and Confused

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dw08gm View Post
    Hi JT

I am not clear what is going on here as there seem to be several latest releases of this mod - yours and those of craftzombie as linked here.

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=987.

Dazed and Confused
    She has her version and I have mine which on the basic concept are the same except she only tells you what files to change and what to put in them.
    I went a little farther and added the add ons that came with the original version into the install of COWOA. I also made it so you could turn it on and off and also turn on and off the Order Status E-Mails that can now be sent from my version to someone who uses COWOA. This can be done in the Admin Configuration Page. They can view their order by clicking on the link sent to them and then entering the e-mail address they used when purchasing the item and the order number that they received in the e-mail. They can not look at others orders, only the one that is associated with that e-mail address.

Try it if you like. I have uploaded it to the file section here but it hasn't been released yet. It is available on my mods site too.

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast