Plugin Contributions

Default Combination of old and new sites on server after uploading files from my developer

I have ver 1.3.8a installed and working on server at Aspiration Hosting. I had a developer create a zencart site for me 2 years ago. He gave me a folder with all of the Zencart folders and files in it. I put that folder into the public_html folder on the server. When I opened the site online the screen came up that said I needed to install. So I did. What I have now is a functioning Zencart that seems to be a combination of the old site(which is what I wanted in the first place) and a new site. The admin has the old company logo up at the top, but the public side is all new. Is there a way for me to replace folders from the old shop to get the old one back? If so can someone give me a list of which folders to replace? Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Combination of old and new sites on server after uploading files from my develope

If it's a 2 year old installation then you really should upgrade (security patches). Why not just install 1.39c and follow the instructions to integrate your old templates, graphics, database, etc?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Combination of old and new sites on server after uploading files from my develope

Thanks Jetx, I think that sounds like a good idea. Is there on particular folder where the files are stiored that set up the "Look" of the store, the pics that are used as backgrounds, the Name of the store, etc. If so can I use the folders from the old store in the new upgrade?? Thanks again

Plugin Contributions

Yes absolutely. All your images for products will be in the images folder and the look of the store will be in the includes/templates/ (you should have a folder there with your template name). Once you install the new version (get it working with the default template) you can start to integrate your old template. All in the upgrade instructions pretty much. Any mods you had need to be installed separately. If you want to retain your old database you will need to upgrade this also. That particular template name will also probably be in includes/languages, includes/languages/english, includes/modules, etc. If you want to use the same layout you need to add those folders and integrate those files with the updated files. The list of updated files from version 1.38a are listed, if not in that list you can leave them alone.