Plugin Contributions

Default [Done v1.3.9d] PayPal Express Checkout problems with unsupported currencies

The 10413 error is resolved in v1.3.9a.
    Dr. Byte,

For those who do not want to upgrade to 1.3.9 yet, what was changed?

Could you please let us know which files to override with the 1.3.9 versions or at least post the corrections that needs to be made to the 1.3.8a version of files !?

Looking around on the forum I found a number of posts regarding this error but no real solutions.

Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal 10413 error

There were hundreds of lines of code changed to deal with that and several other related problems.
    There *is* a real solution: upgrade.
    Sorry that that may not be convenient for you, but if you need the benefits of upgrading, then you need to upgrade.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the quick response. Well, you just planned my whole weekend for me.

My scenario as follows: We run the cart with ZAR (non-paypal supported) currency. I noticed in the settings that this will be converted to USD when send to Paypal. (no problem with that). During checkout, if my customer remains on the ZAR default we recieve this error, however, if the customer changed the cart currency to USD before completing the checkout the transaction is processed succesfully.

So, my question is - Is this scenario also fixed in the 1.3.9 versions?
    If so I better role up my sleeves and start getting busy with the upgrade process.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    Thanks for the quick response. Well, you just planned my whole weekend for me.

My scenario as follows: We run the cart with ZAR (non-paypal supported) currency. I noticed in the settings that this will be converted to USD when send to Paypal. (no problem with that). During checkout, if my customer remains on the ZAR default we recieve this error, however, if the customer changed the cart currency to USD before completing the checkout the transaction is processed succesfully.

So, my question is - Is this scenario also fixed in the 1.3.9 versions?
    If so I better role up my sleeves and start getting busy with the upgrade process.
    I've done some more testing and found a few issues even in v1.3.9.
    So, after you get upgraded to v1.3.9c, there will be a small patch for v1.3.9d that you'll need (just a few files to replace) in order to get ZAR auto-converting to USD for you when using Express Checkout.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express Checkout problems with unsupported currencies

DrByte,

Thank you very much!!!

I spend the weekend upgrading and manually re-applying the couple of mods we use. I am happy to report that we are now running on 1.3.9c (Is it my imagination or is this version much faster than the previous?)

As soon as you have the patch ready please let me know and I will apply the same.

Again thank you for the wonderful support!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm glad your upgrade went well.

New Release Announcements will be posted here: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1
    Feel free to subscribe yourself for immediate notification when a release is posted.

Plugin Contributions

DrByte,

Some feedback regarding PayPal Express and unsupported currencies.

After upgrading to 1.3.9c I reinstalled PayPal Express. Our first transaction came in yesterday. The transaction did not generate any errors and seemingly got processed succesfully.

However, to my surprise and to the customers disgust, the transaction was processed using the ZAR value but processing it as USD. (ie ZAR 75 was converted to USD but the conversion rate was not used. ZAR 75 got converted to USD 75 !!! ) I refunded the customer

I then tried a number of these myself with the various settings including "USD only" and "Selected Currency". All transactions went to paypal as USD but reflecting the ZAR amount.

I uninstalled the PayPal express option and installed the PayPal IPN option with the currency setting on "USD Only". This option works correctly!!! The ZAR 75 was converted to USD 10.32 and the 10.32 was send to PayPal for processing.

I will use the PayPAl IPN option for now but I do prefer to offer the customers the PayPal Express option. I trust that this is what you referred to when you stated that it will be fixed in 1.3.9d !?