Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Wich SQL to choose? upgr 138 to 139 or only sgl??

While I am just to import the 1.3.9c to my server, in a demo folder I have named differently, I notice that in the SQL folder there are two (2) different SQL:s. I am wondering over which one to choose.

They read like this, in the folder called "zc_install / sql/ ":

mysql_upgrade_zencart_138_to_139.sql

and

mysql_zencart.sql

Ps. I currently use version 1.3.8 for my webshop.

Thanks in advance

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Wich SQL to choose? upgr 138 to 139 or only sgl??

You should upload both files (actually the entire zc_install folder) to the server. But you should NOT execute them manually. You need to let zc_install process them as part of the database_upgrade menu choice.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stefanl View Post
    I notice that in the SQL folder there are two (2) different SQL:s. I am wondering over which one to choose.

They read like this, in the folder called "zc_install / sql/ ":

mysql_upgrade_zencart_138_to_139.sql

and

mysql_zencart.sql
    Whatever you do, DON'T run the mysql_zencart.sql file directly. It will wipe out your existing database.

*** EDIT: Don't run SQL files manually at all. ***

Cheers
    Rod
    Last edited by DrByte; 1 Jun 2010 at 02:28 PM. Reason: clarification

Plugin Contributions

Thank you both,

My webhost server ask via PhpMyAdmin to choose "a" sql file, do you still mean I should select the folder? WIll Phpmyadmin actually admit a folder with sql files instead of a certain sql file?

Is there any 1,2,3 kids proof tutorial on this one?

When I upload to my demo folder I dont have 1.3.8 preinstalled as it is a "clean" databas, should I simply upload the 1.39c and play with it? See that it works?

When it works I still have the database WITH the 1.3.8 version. How will I go about really? I dont seem to understand entirely the procedure in the tutorials.

Thanks again and in advance

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You should NOT be using phpMyAdmin to run ANY of the .sql files in zc_install.
    Instead you should run zc_install/index.php in your browser, and choose the database-upgrade option.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    You should NOT be using phpMyAdmin to run ANY of the .sql files in zc_install.
    Instead you should run zc_install/index.php in your browser, and choose the database-upgrade option.
    Hi again,

Ok, but how do I run zc_install via my browser?

I mean my web host "tutorial" says I should upload the sql via phpmyadmin and choose sql. Now you say I shouldnt. I feel I am missing out on something that is very important and at the same time elementary. But so easy I dont get it :-)

What I feel I miss out on is to understand what I am missing. Allthough the dedicated posted tutorial threads explaining how to do this whole procedure is great in one way, they miss out to give me that little "key"-thing. Do you know of any thread that shows every step I need to do, and I mean every step, almost like if I was a kid.

I hear you and kind of understand what you mean and really appreciate that take time to help out, really do. I only feel that I need all these suggestions to fall into place.
    Last edited by stefanl; 2 Jun 2010 at 08:25 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi again,

Ok, but how do I run zc_install via my browser?

What I feel I miss out on is to understand what I am missing. Allthough the thread explaining how to do this whole procedure they miss out to give me that little "key"-thing. Do you know of any thread that shows every step I need to do, and I mean every step, almost like if I was a kid.

I hear you and kind of understand what you mean and really appreciate that take time to help out, really do. I only feel that I need all these suggestions to fall into place.
    This wiki tells you all step by step: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/Installation and http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...tion_-_Upgrade

Plugin Contributions

Add /zc_install to the end of the link to your demo folder and zc_install should start on its own.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks but those are some of them that do miss that key-thing. Especially as they dont say what Sensei says - dont run sql via phpmyadmin

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    Thanks but those are some of them that do miss that key-thing. Especially as they dont say what Sensei says - dont run sql via phpmyadmin
    stefanl, detailed upgrade instructions that help you retain your customizations while upgrading to new features, can be found in the installation zip file under the /docs/2.Readme-Upgrade.html file.

The 'key-thing' is to follow these instructions to a tee

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast