Plugin Contributions

Default Cannot get Store Pickup to stay selected on final order total before Confirm Order

This is a fresh install, and I am not live yet because I am working through all my issues and custom configurations first. I am doing all test orders for different customer scenarios. However, I can not get Store Pickup to stay selected on the final checkout page before confirming. It shows up as a possible shipping selection on Checkout Step 2 of 3 page with the other selection Flat Rate. It always defaults to Flat Rate. It never defaults to Store Pickup. I can select Store Pickup as the chosen radio button, but then when I click Continue and go to Checkout 3 of 3 page, it switches to Flat Rate. I cannot get it to stay on Store Pickup! This is not good, because some customers will not want shipping at all and want to pick up their products at the store. At this rate, I am not able to know if they want Store Pickup, just looking at their checkout results. Am I doing something wrong in the setup of the products or shipping modules, or configuration settings??? I have no idea where to start digging to look for the solution to this problem. I have Stirling Grand template and Fast and Easy Checkout installed. I am using the latest ZC version 1.5.3. In Modules > Order Total > Shipping, I have Shipping set to "Free shipping for orders over $100". But that does not seem to affect anything. I am testing with orders way under $100, and it still does not work properly. I can let you know any more configuration settings that you need to know, and also let you look at my shopping site. Please help!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cannot get Store Pickup to stay selected on final order total before Confirm Orde

If you turn off Fast And Easy Checkout, and instead use the default checkout flow, does it work properly once again?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cannot get Store Pickup to stay selected on final order total before Confirm Orde

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    If you turn off Fast And Easy Checkout, and instead use the default checkout flow, does it work properly once again?
    Yes. But if I turn off FEC, then I don't have Guest Checkout, and guest checkout is a requirement.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you've got a problem caused by FEC, then I suggest contacting Numinix for assistance with whatever is broken because of their plugin.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Is there a Config for FEC (Under Admin->Configuration->FEC) which indicates the shipping modules that are permitted?
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Is there a Config for FEC (Under Admin->Configuration->FEC) which indicates the shipping modules that are permitted?
    No. Should there be?

Plugin Contributions

No - for some reason I though I recalled there being one, but there isn't.
    You'll have to go to Numinix, as Dr. Byte suggested.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Default Using Fast and Easy Checkout, can't get Store Pickup to stay selected on Order Total

For some reason, I cannot get Store Pickup to stay selected on final order total before confirming the order. I have a fresh install of 1.5.3, and I am not live yet because I am working through all my issues and custom configurations first. I am doing all test orders for different customer scenarios. Store Pickup shows up as a possible shipping selection, along with Flat Rate on Checkout Step 2 of 3 page. It always defaults to Flat Rate. It never defaults to Store Pickup. I am able to select the Store Pickup radio button, but then when I click Continue and go to Checkout 3 of 3 page, it switches to Flat Rate. I cannot get it to stay on Store Pickup! This is not good, because some customers will not want shipping at all and want to pick up their products at the store. At this rate, I am not able to know if they want Store Pickup, just looking at their checkout results. Am I doing something wrong in the setup of the products or shipping modules, or configuration settings? I have no idea where to start digging to look for the solution to this problem. I have Stirling Grand template and Fast and Easy Checkout installed. In Modules > Order Total > Shipping, I have Shipping set to "Free shipping for orders over $100". But that does not seem to affect anything. I am testing with orders way under $100, and it still does not work properly. I can let you know any more configuration settings that you need to know, and also let you look at my store site. I need help from Numinix.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Using Fast and Easy Checkout, can't get Store Pickup to stay selected on Order To

I believe others have had the same problem with FEC.
    Best to contact Numinix to get them to fix it.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Using Fast and Easy Checkout, can't get Store Pickup to stay selected on Order To

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I believe others have had the same problem with FEC.
    Best to contact Numinix to get them to fix it.
    Thank you. I didn't mean to post the same issue twice, by the way. ;)