Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CAPTCHA images not displaying

It doesn't play nice with customer login in my test install. It plays nice with the default contact us but not with a 2nd, separate instance of contact us that is a feature of the template we are currently configuring but that's a horse of a different color.

Login just give a blank screen. Restore backup and login functions.

Default setup with no addons installed yet other than a few templates for testing. I just dropped the files into place without doing anything that might have been said in the readme file other than changing template name and admin folder name.

I won't have time until later today to look more deeply.
    Last edited by RixStix; 8 Jun 2012 at 06:17 PM.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

ATSWorld
    First of all, thanks for letting us know the sql worked.
    Along with RixStix ,you may have made the cardinal mistake of not reading the readme throughout. My mother used to call it "jumping on your horse and riding madly off in all directions."
    The readme says a couple of very important things.
    1. The included files that overwrite core files DO NOT contain ANY changes other than those specifically for CAPTCHA 1.5.
      • If you had made any other changes to those files with another mod, those changes are now gone.
      • The readme specifically reminds you to backup, WinMerge (or something similar), and THEN upload.
      • Apologies if "I didn't delete the old files just over wrote" actually meant you check first to make sure you weren't wiping a previous mod's info from your site.

2. The files included are meant to be used with Zen-Cart v1.5.0 and its basic install.
      • Again, the readme states that the login works with the split-login set to true. (I did not work on this as all our sites use split login. Maybe in the near future.)
      • Trying to create a version that will work with FEC, LM, or any other mod that involves a submission form would bloat the mod beyond imagination. If no one is reading the docs now, I can only imagine the size of the support thread for a bloated mod. (Ultimate SEO comes to mind).

One of the things about open source is that you are free to change things to suit your needs. We all do it with just the basic cart or else every Zen Cart site would have the "Welcome" notice. From the simple beginnings to the adding of mods, pages, etc; we all strive to get it just right and maybe learn something along the way.
    On the subject of Links Manager, CAPTCHA adds the following to contact_us (includes\templates\YOUR_TEMPLATE\templates\tpl_contact_us_default.php):
    <!--START CAPTCHA INPUT HERE -->

<?php
    if (ACCOUNT_VALIDATION == 'true' && CONTACT_US_VALIDATION == 'true') {
    ?>

<?php
    if (strstr($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'],'contact_us') && CONTACT_US_VALIDATION == 'true' || strstr($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'],'login') && LOGIN_VALIDATION == 'true') {
    ?>

<?php
    if ($is_read_only == false || (strstr($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'],'contact_us')) || (strstr($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'],'login'))) {
    $sql = "DELETE FROM " . TABLE_ANTI_ROBOT_REGISTRATION . " WHERE timestamp < '" . (time() - 3600) . "' OR session_id = '" . zen_session_id() . "'";
    if( !$result = $db->Execute($sql) ) { die('Could not delete validation key'); }
    $reg_key = generate_captcha_code();
    $sql = "INSERT INTO ". TABLE_ANTI_ROBOT_REGISTRATION . " VALUES ('" . zen_session_id() . "', '" . $reg_key . "', '" . time() . "')";
    if( !$result = $db->Execute($sql) ) { die('Could not check registration information'); }
    ?>

<fieldset>
    <legend><?php echo CATEGORY_ANTIROBOTREG; ?></legend>
    <label class="inputLabel" for="antirobotreg"><?php echo ENTRY_ANTIROBOTREG ?></label>

<?php
    $validation_images = '';
    for($i = 0; $i < ENTRY_VALIDATION_LENGTH; $i++)
    {
    $parse_image = 'validation/validation_' . $reg_key{$i} . '.gif';
    $parse_image_alt = $reg_key{$i};
    $validation_images .= zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $parse_image, $parse_image_alt);
    }
    echo '<div class="centered">';
    echo $validation_images . '<br />';
    echo '</div>';
    ?>

<?php echo zen_draw_input_field('antirobotreg','', 'id="antirobotreg"') . (zen_not_null(ENTRY_ANTIROBOTREG) ? '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_ANTIROBOTREG_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" />

<?php
    }
    ?>

<?php
    }
    ?>

<?php
    }
    ?>
    </fieldset>
    <!-- END CAPTCHA INPUT -->
    This comes after a </filedset> and before the <div class="buttonRow forward....

You might try entering the above code around line 158 of the includes\templates\YOUR_TEMPLATE\templates\tpl_lings_submit_default.php

MAKE SURE YOU BACK EVERYTHING UP FIRST!!!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    It doesn't play nice with customer login in my test install. ... I just dropped the files into place without doing anything that might have been said in the readme file other than changing template name and admin folder name.
    As noted with ATSWorld, I can't imagine anyone doing a mod install as either of you have done.
    Well, maybe back in 2004 as a noob, I might have jumped in with both feet.
    I'm harping on the both of you ONLY to prevent others from trying this the same way. Did either of you have any concerns when your FTP program said it was going to overwrite files? I hope your FTP program is not set to automatically overwrite.
    Maybe you both were doing this on a test site with total backup. If so, that's your choice but, each time we state something in the forum we are leaving a trail that others will follow.
    <petPeeves>

1. Giving shortcuts to some procedure that is detailed in the tutorials/FAQs, or docs, or readme.
    2. Posting an "I've got the exact same problem" post rather than a new thread.
    3. Not following the posting tips (see number 2)
    4. Obviously failing to do a search before posting (see number 2)
    5. Thinking that the virtual shrink-wrap on the tutorials/FAQs, docs, or readme is impervious to all, including super-heroes.
    6. Folks who want us to feed them a fish rather than asking how to fish.

</petPeeves>
    After all that, yes I did see in the CAPTCHA thread that folks were having a problem with plain login but, I did not see any solution provided. As stated in the readme, we do not use any of the logins other than the split-login. However, I will take another look at what can be done before submission.
    I humbly accept any suggestions on that fishing expedition.

Plugin Contributions

Did either of you have any concerns when your FTP program said it was going to overwrite files?
    Not really, since it was a default install with no mods yet installed. On my live sites, Yes, I would have looked more closely.

Maybe you both were doing this on a test site with total backup. If so, that's your choice but,
    That sounds like that having a total backup even for a test site is a bad thing, but I know that isn't the intention.

That's why I said that I hadn't read the readme but assumed that since I was dropping it into a default v1.5 install that I wouldn't get caught with my drawers around my knees or needed to worry about checking/merging files. That'll teach me not to read. I only consider myself a step and a half above a noob but know that "Backup is my friend". Sorry, I thought that I was helping but am also smart enough to realize that I only know enough to be dangerous.

Yes, I always use my test domain just in case something goes unexpected but even then, a backup is the last click immediately prior to uploading anything new.
    Last edited by RixStix; 8 Jun 2012 at 09:03 PM.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Just installed again, after reading the readme. Didn't need to change a thing. Split Login was already true.

All seems to be playing well together this time. Contact and Create Account captcha both functioning as expected.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

lol not a problem :) ... I had a full site backup anyway ..(I make 1 once a week) as for the fec and links was only asking lol ..I am happy as it is right now as was mostly concerned about spamming messages that is on the increase ..this will put a stop to it I hope
    but thanks for the update much appreciated

Plugin Contributions

Sorry for the rant.

My point was really meant to be that NO ONE should EVER upload a mod without checking everything out first. It doesn't matter if it's a clean install with three backups. You just don't know what the mod author had in mind. Some will include a snippet of code to be inserted in a core file.

I certainly wouldn't overwrite any core file with my FTP till I found out what was going on.

That said, I'm still open for suggestions on the login versus split-login settings.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CAPTCHA Anti-Robot Mod

Hello, I have a similar problem. Install this contribution and works great except for create account. The box does not appear at the end, however, after a client has sent your registration, by magic, the captcha is asked not previously revealed.

Anyone know what may be happening, I've reviewed a thousand times the installation and everything is fine.

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fandara View Post
    Hello, I have a similar problem. Install this contribution and works great except for create account. The box does not appear at the end, however, after a client has sent your registration, by magic, the captcha is asked not previously revealed.

Anyone know what may be happening, I've reviewed a thousand times the installation and everything is fine.

Thanks in advance.
    http://www.ojovel.com.ve/cctv/index.php?main_page=login

Plugin Contributions

Are you using the split login as in the readme?

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast