Plugin Contributions

Default attribute images layout

Hey all...

I've been fiddling with this for quite some time now and can't seem to get it figured out...

On page 187 in the book, it give several examples of the different layots for your attribute images and button/box styles.

When I go to Admin>Catalog>Option Name Manager to 'edit' the option name, it seems that no matter what attribute style I choose or my radio button/checkbox option, my images and options are still displayed in a single column. I am trying to get them displayed in a row. I currently have images per row set to '6' and the attribute style for the buttons/boxes set to '3' which, according to the book, should list my 6 color choices in a single row across the screen. My images are about 45px wide so there should be plenty of space on the screen.

Is there a different setting somewhere that I should be looking at?

Thanks!

By the way, I'm using 'radio buttons' and not a drop down menu for my choices.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: attribute images layout

If you are using a custom template, try changing back to the Classic template to see if your attribute images are displayed properly.

If the problem continues, do state your Zen Cart version and provide a link to your site so the problem is easier to visualize. Thanks.
    Goh Koon Hoek, author of "e-Start Your Web Store with Zen Cart".
    Printed book: www.lulu.com/content/10576284
    Electronic book and Errata: www.cucumbermedia.com/store

Plugin Contributions

OK, Sorry for the delayed response, been kinda hectic lately!

It appears the problem is in EzRed custom template, It is also hampering my ability to control the placement of my product image and such in Admin>Config>All Listings and such(cannot move my image from left to right and such)...

I can certainly remove EzRed, but, that was chosen as the nature of my business is Commercial Fire Protection and that color seems appropriate. Is there a way to change the color in Classic Green(default template) to a Red color similar to what I am currently using? If not, I have found an acceptable(to me) workaround....

1) Remove attribute image swatches
    2) Rename image swatches to pic_1.jpg, pic_2.jpg, etc...
    3) FTP 'extra' images to image directory.

The extra images are shown 3 across and 2 deep(6 images) nicely laid out on the screen.

4) Use a dropdown menu for the attribute color choices.

Here is an example of the images NOT displaying properly in EzRed:

http://www.howardsfpi.com/hfpistore/...roducts_id=653

Ane here is an example of the above 'workaround'...:

http://www.howardsfpi.com/hfpistore/...roducts_id=760

Hopefully you can get an idea of what I am referring to. I'll leave things 'as is' for a few days so it can be looked at, but then I'll be changing the images around as described above.

Thanks for the insite and if you need any more info, just ask!

Nelson

Plugin Contributions

Glad you got it working.

To adapt Zen Cart's default Classic Contemporary Green template to suit your site's red theme is pretty easy. Here are the steps.

1. Duplicate the directory /includes/templates/classic/ to /includes/templates/classic_red/.

2. Copy the "tile_back.gif" from your EZRed template's "images" directory into /includes/templates/classic_red/images/.

3. Edit the file /includes/templates/classic_red/css/stylesheet.css and change the section of code in that stylesheet as follows:

HTML Code:
    .leftBoxContainer, .rightBoxContainer {
        margin: 0em;
        border: 1px solid #9a9a9a;
        /* border-bottom: 5px solid #336633; */
        border-bottom: 5px solid #95080B;
        margin-top: 1.5em;
        }
    4. Go to your admin and enable the Classic Red template under Tools > Template Selection.

5. In your admin, reset the side-boxes under Tools > Layout Boxes Controller.

6. Go to your Store Front and verify that the attribute images are now lined up properly. Btw, if you want to change your template's width, you can follow the instructions in this FAQ for Zen Cart v1.3.x

PS: Note that this thread is not about templating but about attribute images so I won't answer any such questions here.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the information, I'm going to print this and add it to my folder of notes. I'm planning an upgrade to 1.3.9x in the very near future and will incorporate this into the upgrade instead of installing the custom template.

My intentions are to install 1.3.9 into a second directory on the server, link to my existing database and customize the install. Will this work or do I need a second database?

I figure once I get the 'mirror site' customized, I can just rename directories accordingly and it will be up and running.

Plugin Contributions

My intentions are to install 1.3.9 into a second directory on the server, link to my existing database and customize the install. Will this work or do I need a second database?
    I'm afraid I can't give a definite answer on that as upgrading your Zen Cart store will require going through a list of steps depending on your current store's current version and the mods you have.

The steps for upgrading can be found in this FAQ.

All the best!