Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Poll Manager Support Thread

This is the support thread for the Poll Manager sidebox addon.
    Please leave your comments, questions, requests and compliments here!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Poll Manager Support Thread

Hi,

Just wanted to thank you for a great add on. I just successfully installed it with no problems. Thanks for the clear and easy to understand install instructions.

I have just one very minor problem. The text size of the choosable (if that's a word) options in the poll box is tiny. The rest of it such as the question displays fine. Is there a specific file to change this, as all my other sideboxes are displaying correctly.

Oh, I'm using version 1.3.8a and other than this small text size issue, the add on works perfect.

Thanks in advance.

Amanda

Plugin Contributions

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for your positive feedback!

The problem you encounter is just the thing I was not able to test, as I have only one ZC-site with one theme.
    In my template, I have to set the font-size to small to make it fit with the rest of the website. I guess it is different for your theme.

What we can try first is to remove the small font indication. For this you have to change a line in one file, which will affect the question- as well as the result box:

in includes/templates/<your template>/sideboxes/tpl_poll_box.php
    on line 105:

change: $content .= '<div id="' . $boxname . '" style="font-size:small;">';

into: $content .= '<div id="' . $boxname . '">';

Please let me know if this fixes your problem.

Thanks,
    Boudewijn

Plugin Contributions

To add to the above (can't find out how to edit my post):

I think the standard style class for sideboxes is 'sideBoxContent'.
    So the new line as mentioned should be changed into:

$content .= '<div id="' . $boxname . '" class="sideBoxContent">';

This also worked for my template and I suspect it will be a general solution for all.

Please let me know the results, if ok I will incorporate this in the next beta.

Plugin Contributions

A new version of the poll box, with the fix mentioned above and some others, is available from the add on section.

Plugin Contributions

Hello!

Tried it on v 1.3.9d. The side box came out ok however, the options were blank. I could see the box where the customer can check and vote but the words next to it are not there. Any ideas why?

Also I noticed that once the person votes, the side box disappears. Is that normal? On other polls I have seen, once the person has voted the side box will just show results but it won't disappear. Is that possible to do?

Thanks, it's a great contribution btw!

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

A person (=IP) can only vote once. His/her IP will be stored together with his/her vote for a specific poll, so the person won't get the same poll again after voting.

After voting, a person should get the results so far. This takes a second, because the vote must be send to the server, and the results must be sent back.

I guess the text won't show up because of the style applied. Can you give me a link to where I can see what's happening?

Thanks,
    Boudewijn

Plugin Contributions

I was initially testing it on the local host when I encountered some other problems. At one point when I was trying the poll, it would get my vote and how the results, disappear but on the admin end, no votes will be registered. Then when I go back and refresh the front end, the vote box appeared again. It went into this loop several times before I changed the options from multiple to single then it worked.

Transferring the module to a test site online, the option text suddenly appeared! Then I was getting Internal server errors and also getting the loop where the vote was registered but not on the admin end.

See it here.

Let me know what you make of it? Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I voted on your test server, and I think one of the main issues may be speed. After the vote, it takes a long time before the results get there. Also the 'loading' image doesn't appear.
    For the latter I will include a fix in the next release, making the poll box preload the image, so it will display from the browser cache immediately.

Furthermore, there is a small bug in the admin interface: it will always show the number of voters as 1. Also this will be fixed in the next release.

I have no idea about not registering votes or not displaying the texts. I tried this on my test server but all seems to function well. Can you reproduce this behaviour and elaborate some more about poll settings and content?

About the 500 server error: this happens almost on any PHP error. Do you have error logging enabled? It should log the errors in the cache folder, provided that the web account has R/W rights there.

Thanks,
    Boudewijn

Plugin Contributions

hi boudewijn,

Thanks for checking! I tried voting on my test site and now it accepts it. The problem of looping where the vote is not registered happened on the local host server and first time I installed it on the test server. It maybe a cache thing, probably related to the browser? I'm using firefox 3.6.6.

As to the text disappearing. This happened on my local host site. I have attached the picture here for you to see. It maybe a template thing? I'm not sure... The text disappeared as you see on my picture using the cherry zen template. The text appears fine on the test server site using cold steel template.

Perhaps somebody else can test on their site and see if it is template specific.

Looking forward to your revisions! I think this poll will be a fun and engaging thing for customers. Keep it up!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast