Plugin Contributions

Default Two problems after upgrade from 1.3.9c to d

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but all these 2 problems began after I upgraded from 1.3.9c to 1.3.9d over the weekend. Before the upgrade from c to d, everthing was fine.

First problem is one customer complaint that she could not get the cart filled. Here is the quote from her mail:

"...Unfortunately when I try to load items into my 'cart' I get a 'bad request' page and a notice saying the website sent a request the server could not understand? ..."

I tried to login using my testing account and to order everything she tried to order. It seems fine for my testing account. I am not sure if this is an individual accident. Then I asked her to try again. And here is a new development. I quote her mail again:

"...the page was still coming up as an error, but everytime I pressed the back arrow, the items showed up in the cart anyhow. It seemed to work ..."

I have no clue, please help. I hope it's the customer's computer problem.

The second problem is after the customer made the payment (I use paypal standard, business account, and I tested successfully when I was using version 1.3.8 and 1.3.9c, with real customers paid), I didn't receive mail notification from paypal anymore. I log in to paypal and double checked the setting. It looks fine for me. I also asked paypal to "resend" the notification message, but I still didn't get it. When I used 1.3.8 and 1.3.9c, I always got a mail from paypal after a payment was received. However, now the store still sent Order confirmation email to me. I am not sure if this is paypal's problem or zen cart's. Oh, I sent email from my personal hotmail account to the email account that I suppose to receive mails from paypal, and it works. That means it's not the hosting email system's problem, right?

Before I post here, I already double checked all the files that I uploaded for 1.3.9d again and I am sure I didn't miss one or upload to the wrong place. Did I overlook somewhere or what?

Please help. Thank you very much.

Justin

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Two problems after upgrade from 1.3.9c to d

I would install the Master Password mod and log in as that customer, just to be sure, but I suspect the problem is hers.

I can't address the Paypal issue, except to say you might want to consider switching to Paypal Express - much more stable.

Plugin Contributions

Justin, create a $2 test product and do a real order via PayPal using a real credit card and see what is happening. Do this from another computer that doesn't have your Paypal cookie stored if you don't want to clear all your cookies.

Please report your findings here.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much and sorry for my belated reply as I was occupied by packing and shipping this morning.

I still don't know exactly why but I conclude it should not be Zen Cart's problems. Here is the details.

For the first problem regarding the "cart can't be filled", I tested and I asked friends from different places to test. There is no errors at all no matter what OS or web browsers they used. Well, I have to give up as she is the only customer had this problem so far. It must be her computer or internet connection's problem or what ever but not Zen Cart's problem.

For the PayPal email problem, I used my credit card to make a test purchase late last night and it went through without problems. PayPal sent the payment confirmation email to the buyer's address immediately, and the store sent the Order Confirmation email to owner almost the same time. However, once again, PayPal sent the Payment Received Notification email to the store owner's address much later than usual. I almost thought it failed again.

Now I conclude that IPN is working fine between the store and PayPal but part of PayPal's email system or maybe the business account service may got some problem yesterday.

I sent a request to PayPal last night to make sure and PayPal told me this afternoon that IPN is not related to email notification at all. And If I concern about the payment received notification, I should contact the customer service team.

It sounds make sense. I will put these 2 problems into a one-time coincident yesterday and I over reacted. Now I am going to put this behind until it happen again.

Thank you for your help!

Justin

Plugin Contributions

The first original Payment Received Notification email arrived late last night. That's about 36 hours after the payment was made. I think I was right. Some part of PayPal's email system that related to account customer services went wrong sometime that day.

Anyway, thank you for all your attention here.