Plugin Contributions

Default Emails not working

I installed the latest zencart and I am new to all this so bear with me on being an idiot

I have been trying to get email set up to work properly on a test store on my site. Here's where I'm at so far:

1. I am able to register so the database is receiving the form info OK

2. When I try to send the contact form it looks like it's working because I get the "our message has been successfully sent." message BUT I never get any emails...not as the customer or as the Admin.

3. I can't get emails sent from within the admin area either...same problem with it looks like it sends but no emails come through.

4. My cart is set up for customer to send check or money order so I can complete a sale at checkout and I get no email from a complete order either. But the order DOES shows up in Admin as being an order on back end.

Here's what I've tried:
    1. I tried installing the add on email_archive_manager_1.4 but I can't get that running correctly.

2. I have tried setting all the different options to set the transport method.
    a. Using PHP it looks like things work but no emails get sent.

b. Using sendmail & sendmail-f fail out at the time of submitting. This is what I get " Email Error: Could not execute: /usr/sbin/sendmail "

c. My host is ImHosted and using Linux so SMTP as far I knew is for Windows so that doesn't work.

3. I am trying to see where the email handling is done so maybe it's a permissions problem but I've had no luck with figuring that out either.

Please help!!!
    TIA!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Emails not working

First thing to check is Admin - Configuration - Email Options - Send Emails

Plugin Contributions

Thanks but I already know that is set to True so that's not it...any other advice???

Plugin Contributions

Are you sending all these emails to the same test address? It may be your receiving rather than the sending.

Plugin Contributions

I have tried 4 different emails and no luck with any working. I have checked spam folders too...nothing.

Also I thought I should mention that on my main site I use a PHP contact form and that works just fine so I don't think it's a PHP issue.

Please keep any ideas to fix this coming in, I need to figure this thing out ASAP.

TIA!