Plugin Contributions

Default Database Help with products_to_categories tables

I had a modification made to my Multiple Categories Link Manager to show top level categories in brackets next to the name of each sub category, I don't know if that has anything to do with the issue I now have and am awaiting a reply from my programmer to see lol

In the meantime I need a little help...what happened was after adding a product I used the link manager to copy to several categories at once, with the result being that I got a blank page with the message I WOULD NOT ADD and the product "appeared" to delete itself from the category listing.

I have checked in the database and the product is still entered in there, but there is no entry in the products_to_categories table

I know the product id and the master category id....how can I add it back into that table? And is that all I need to do to get the product to show again?

Thanx in advance if anyone can help lol
    HunnyBee Design
    "A man's manners are a mirror in which he shows his portrait." ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Database Help with products_to_categories tables

If you know the products_id and you know the categories_id ... but you do not have a record in the products_to_categories table ...

via phpMyAdmin ...

1 make sure on the products table that then master_categories_id is the categories_id

2 add a new record to the products_to_categories table and input the known products_id and categories_id
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

NOTE: check the products_description table also to ensure that you have a record for the wayward products_id in there as well ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Ajeh, thank you! I wasn't sure how to add it back by the SQL, but I figured it out and got them back showing in the list, and so far everything else seems fine now....now to wait on my programmer to fix up the modification that was done LOL
    HunnyBee Design
    "A man's manners are a mirror in which he shows his portrait." ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe