Plugin Contributions

application error Cannot log into admin

started new shop on dreamhosters server, used the one click install.
    followed all instructions and when i go to log into the admin area i get a popup asking for name and pass and i enter them and get nowhere. I heard it supposed to be some page with a reset password button but all i get is some standard popup security thingy with no options. need help! not good with code and such

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cannot log into admin

Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

this is the error iv been recieveing its a 401 auth error

Plugin Contributions

sounds as though you have got a password protected folder for your admin, that would explain the popup, when you get this username and pass correct then you will see the zencart login

you will need to log into you servers control panel to change the username and password for this folder

Rob

Plugin Contributions

change the DB table "admin"

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Dilani_Ruwanmali View Post
    change the DB table "admin"
    How will this solve the problem?

From my point of view, to get a pop would indicate a folder is password protected, the zencart login does not generate popups

from what he describes would indicate this, getting the username and password wrong would generate an unauthorized access page

Rob

Plugin Contributions

the folder was password protected i contacted my host and got it fixed thanks alot!

Plugin Contributions

I just installed ZenCart on my system and was really surprised at how easy it was for an old geezer like myself who doesn't know PHP from abc. Every thing went smoothly and I typed my domain into my browser and there was my site, just as pretty as could be.

The only problem is that I cannot log on. Each attempt tells me there is a email/password problem. If I click on the 'lost password' link and type in my email it tells me there is no such email. I've retyped it numerous times in lower case upper case and mixed case and tried both emails that I use but no avail. Is there any way to resolve this other than reinstalling?

SOLVED!!!

I decided to try one more time and something told me to type admin at the end of the url and it worked. Signed in with no problem. I would have thought that the 'Congratulations, ..." page of the install, where it says "would you like to sign in to your new site" would link to the admin page rather than the front page. I see now that I need to register to log on to the front end.
    Last edited by Hinson; 6 Jul 2010 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Figured out the problem