Plugin Contributions

Default Ceon Manual Card - radio buttons

Zen cart v1.3.9d
    Ceon Manual Card v2.2.2

When a customer goes to checkout and arrives at the payment options, there is a radio button alongside each to select the preferred method.

If Ceon Manual Card is not the only payment option, it may be that another radio button is selected. It is then possible for the customer to complete all of their credit card details for Ceon Manual Card but forget to select the correct radio button.

This happened to one customer of mine who had the check or money order radio button selected. He completed the relevant details and placed the order but of course it went through as check/money order and the CC details were ignored.

Of course the customer SHOULD make sure the relevant button is checked but you know, people and all that ...

So the question is this: could Ceon Manual Card make checkout default to the correct radio button as soon as someone starts to enter information in the credit card fields?

Regards

Nick

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon Manual Card - radio buttons

Hi Nick,

Why did you start a new thread rather than using the module's thread?

Quote Originally Posted by nickgreaves View Post
    Zen cart v1.3.9d
    Ceon Manual Card v2.2.2
    Are you sure you are using the right version? 2.2.2 automatically selects itself as the selected payment option whenever anyone clicks inside one of its form fields.

If Ceon Manual Card is not the only payment option, it may be that another radio button is selected. It is then possible for the customer to complete all of their credit card details for Ceon Manual Card but forget to select the correct radio button.
    It's not possible for that to happen unless the customer has JavaScript disabled or you have renamed the ID code for the checkout payment page so that the radio buttons don't use the ID expected by the JavaScript auto-selection code in Ceon Manual Card (and all other Zen Cart 1.3.9 payment modules - this problem will affect them all), or there is a JavaScript error somewhere on your page.

This happened to one customer of mine who had the check or money order radio button selected. He completed the relevant details and placed the order but of course it went through as check/money order and the CC details were ignored.
    If the customer fills in their card details and then selects a different payment option then that other payment option is used. This is unavoidable. Short of software being able to read people's minds or being programmed to second guess their intended option (I.e. if they've filled in their card details then selecting another option must have been an accident) there's not much that can be done. Zen Cart could of course be modified to carry out this second option but it would take a lot of code to avoid what essentially is customer error.

So the question is this: could Ceon Manual Card make checkout default to the correct radio button as soon as someone starts to enter information in the credit card fields?
    That's already what happens with 2.2.2 on a fresh version of Zen Cart and JavaScript enabled in the browser. If it doesn't happen on your site then you must have renamed the radio button IDs or have some other broken JavaScript which causes all subsequent JavaScript to fail.

Hope that sets your mind at rest/gives you ideas at where to look to fix any problems.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi, Conor,

Sorry, I didn't realise you wanted to keep everything about Ceon Manual Card in a single thread.

This problem occurred prior to the upgrade to 2.2.2 so I guess I'm reporting something that has already been fixed

Having just retested it myself it works exactly as you say it should.

Apologies.

Nick

Plugin Contributions

Hi Nick,

Sorry, I didn't realise you wanted to keep everything about Ceon Manual Card in a single thread.
    I don't particularly mind, it's just that I check my own support threads regularly, whereas it was pure luck that I found your new thread.. I don't tend to browse the forums.

This problem occurred prior to the upgrade to 2.2.2 so I guess I'm reporting something that has already been fixed
    Well that explains why you weren't getting the expected results for using version 2.2.2! :)

Having just retested it myself it works exactly as you say it should.
    Glad to hear it! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

All the best..

Conor
    ceon