Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrade from 1.3.8 to 1.3.9 and now no images

Sounds like you've got some sort of redirect happening, perhaps a .htaccess rule causing your problems?
    Or maybe something odd with how the host has configured your domains/account?
    If you can't get to the image by entering its URL in your browser, then you need to fix that specific problem before your store will work. Focus on that first.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hmm I'm not sure what you mean by changing the url to the ip in the config - this website is now hosted with justhost as a addon domain - a little clarification would be good-

I'm certainly trying to figure out the problem - the 2 things that keep pointing to the host as being the issue is - 1 when I installed zen-cart as a fresh copy no images would show and 2 after trying to do 3 or 4 attempts of setting up the files with settings that worked without any issues on the previous server.

The thing is if I go to just host they will just say that they do not offer support. I will check the .htaccess files but I dnt understand the need when the files are knwn to be working on the prev server

I could maybe understand having issues if I upgraded but as noted I am still using 3.8 and have transferred servers a number of times without issues in the past- so I am honestly lost for ideas
    Posted via Mobile Device

Plugin Contributions

Also DrByte -

ive checked the .htaccess in the includes folder - nothing alarming there - I also checked the .htaccess in the admin folder - again couldnt see anything wrong

even checked the .htaccess in admin>includes

when i type in appliancesforyou.co.uk/logo.gif it redirects to islamicmodestweare - this was a site hosted on the old server

any idea

Plugin Contributions

Ok guys the issue is fixed - I contacted my server and they have disabled hotlink protection - Im not sure what hot link protection is and do not understand why the site would redirect to islamicmodestwear

Anyway - boy am i glad its done - sunday today and have been trying to sort it since yesterday - I knew I wasnt doing anything wrong and am glad to see that i done everything correct.

It would be so much easier if issues like this could be resolved by the chat technicians

thanks alot for all that replied and have been helping

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12