Thread: Attributes Help

Plugin Contributions

Default Attributes Help

Hi - I have memberships on a site I am working on and the client would like to change the starting price and also offer the option to pay annually - can anyone help me figure out how to make these changes?

Here is the link showing the drop down attributes added -

http://www.newfocus.org/store/index....products_id=45

I was also wondering how to have the charge be automatically reoccurring monthly or annually?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attributes Help

You might make 2 categories under Memberships for Monthly and Yearly and make separate Products for this ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Well there is a pull down for each different size company, group, etc. so not sure that would be very clean.

Plugin Contributions

You could add the yearly charges to your dropdown ... if that isn't going to confuse the customers more ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Could you please help with the "how to" part to add those?

Plugin Contributions

Go to the Option Values Manager and add more Option Values for the Yearly Options ...

Then go to the Attributes Controller and find that Product and add in the new Yearly Option Values ...

This would give you a dropdown with both Monthly and Year rates to be chosen from ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

So sorry to keep asking questions -

I added an ANNUAL Membership with a dropdown, is it possible to use the same 1-9 radio buttons with a yearly price?

I'm stuck on the attributes, afraid to mess up what is already there.

If you would be interested in access I would do that.

Plugin Contributions

No it isn't ...

The problem with a new ANNUAL Membership dropdown being separate from the Monthly is that you cannot set the default as a display only to make the customer select the proper choice ...

This is why I was thinking of using the same Dropdown to hold both the Monthly and Yearly choices, as you said you did not want to make 2 Products to separate them ...

You can have the two dropdowns, but not you have to "hope" that the customer picks the correct selection and doesn't pick one from each list or forget to pick a proper choice from one of the two dropdowns ...
    Linda McGrath