Thread: Express Payment

Default Express Payment

I have spoken to paypal and they have informed me of a way to add manual approved payments to epress and payment pro. However i do not fully understnad how to intergrate in with the php files.

Has anyone done this before?

Here is a link to the manual they showed me;

https://cms.paypal.com/cms_content/U...heckout_PP.pdf

Page 33 descibes the tyoes of payment options. This would be good for preorders or items not in stock.

Does anyine with any php knowledge understand this?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Express Payment

If you're talking about merely manually "Capturing" the payment after a pre-authorisation has been done at checkout, then that's already built-in to Zen Cart.
    Just set your Express Checkout module to use "Auth Only" instead of "Final Sale". Then you can manually capture payments later when ready to ship.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Great thank you.

Would this put the customers payment on authorisation hold (or Honor period) as paypal call it for upto 29 days? Meaning it would hold their payment for 29 days or until i accept payment making sure the funds are in the customers account?
    Last edited by DarrenQ; 21 Jun 2010 at 05:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It will put the funds on hold, yes. PayPal determines how long that authorization is good for. If they're telling you it's 29 days, then listen to them.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Great

Thank you for letting me know this. It's perfect for my preorders and back stock.

Does it work also for Payments Pro then if it is installed and in use on my site?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes. Same approach.
    NOTE: it affects ALL orders, so you will have to manually capture ALL payments, since Auth-Only transactions will ALL be left in "Pending" status. This means customers will not have instant access to downloads etc (if you use them).

OK thank you for the information.

As of now i am not using downloads but it is something i will probably use in the future. But i will crsoo that bridge when i come to it.

Thanks again