Page 54 of 95 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Mailbeez After Sales Modules

HI Mailbeez - I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm new to your software.

I just installed Mailbeez v2.5 from your website. I then installed the "Contact Customers with no Purchase" module. I am in simulate mode. When I click the "Send Test Email", I am not getting a test email sent to the address that I am putting in the text box.

Any idea what setting I may be missing to cause this not to send an email? I can send newsletters and emails just fine through the regular ZenCart modules.
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

sorry for the late reply , havnt received any notification.

please check you "copy to" and "send simulation to" email if they are valid (if not it might cause the mailserver to stop sending)

cord

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mailbeez View Post
    sorry for the late reply , havnt received any notification.

please check you "copy to" and "send simulation to" email if they are valid (if not it might cause the mailserver to stop sending)

cord
    Hi Cord - Thanks for the response. I did check these two variables but still nothing. Under Configuration --> Basic Configuration, I have the "Send Copy" = TRUE and the "Sent copy to" address is a valid one.

Also, under Configuration --> Simulation, I have the "Send copy in Simulation mode" = TRUE and the "Sent simulation to" email is a valid address.

Despite that, I am seeing the following behavior:

1. When I go to Mailbeez Modules --> Contact Customers without Purchase, and then I click the "SHOW (Recipients)" button, I see this message:

List Audience:
    code: nopurchase - module: nopurchase
    Result:0 items
    no matching customers or all items have been sent
    2. When I go to "Send Test Email", it initializes the pop up window with my email address. However, when I hit SEND, it redirects to the homepage of our website.....and then no email ever appears to have been sent.

Does any of this make sense to you? If you need further information or configuration settings that I have, just let me know!
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

hi jeff,

1. that is very likely a configuration issue - maye there are just no customers w/o purchase in the configured timeframe?

2. are you using any kind of URL rewrite / SEO plugin or security plugin which redirects the url?

cord

Plugin Contributions

hi jeff,

1. that is very likely a configuration issue - maye there are just no customers w/o purchase in the configured timeframe?

2. are you using any kind of URL rewrite / SEO plugin or security plugin which redirects the url?

cord
    Cord - Well I know for a fact that we have customers who meet the configured time frame. We have over 16,000 registered customers, and all of them haven't made a purchase. My configuration for this module is to email those who haven't made a purchase 30 days after creating an account.

We ARE using a SEO rewrite module. Do you think that this could be causing a problem? I am not sure how your module works, but like I said, as soon as I hit the SEND button on the Test area, the pop up window redirects to our home page. If you can think of any exception to put inside the .htaccess file to not interfere with your module, please let me know and I can try it out.
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Mash View Post
    We ARE using a SEO rewrite module. Do you think that this could be causing a problem? I am not sure how your module works, but like I said, as soon as I hit the SEND button on the Test area, the pop up window redirects to our home page. If you can think of any exception to put inside the .htaccess file to not interfere with your module, please let me know and I can try it out.
    hi jeff,

yes, that will be the reason.

all you see in the popup is happening in the context of the storefront - the file mailhive.php is handling the output of the recipients, sending test emails etc.
    so you need to investigate why the form post for sending the test email is re-routed.
    when you right-click on the pop-up choose "this frame > open in new tab" or something like this. that allows better testing.

cord

Plugin Contributions

hi jeff,

yes, that will be the reason.

all you see in the popup is happening in the context of the storefront - the file mailhive.php is handling the output of the recipients, sending test emails etc.
    so you need to investigate why the form post for sending the test email is re-routed.
    when you right-click on the pop-up choose "this frame > open in new tab" or something like this. that allows better testing.

cord
    Cord - Ok, so it looks like the ACTION value in your form is going to an .HTML page, is this correct?

Code:
    <form name="test" action="http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/mailhive.php.html"
    If so, I do have the following line in my .htaccess file:

RewriteRule ^(.*).html$ index\.php?main_page=$1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

Do you by any chance know what exception or condition I could put into my .htaccess file to not redirect for your scripts?
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

hi jeff,

looks like your system rewrites all links by adding .html

can you define an exception for mailhive.php?

cord

Plugin Contributions

hi jeff,

looks like your system rewrites all links by adding .html

can you define an exception for mailhive.php?

cord
    Can you tell me which PHP file you echo out the line:
    <form name="test" action="......">

For example, is that set in your mh_draw_form() function?

What I was thinking is to perhaps hardcode the path (action="http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/mailhive.php") without having it be a variable which obviously causes my server to append an .html to the end of it.

That may be easier than trying to have me figure out how to add a REWRITE condition in my .htaccess file to bypass your scripts without affecting the other pages on our server.

Or if you know the rewrite line to include in the .htaccess file to never mess with your mailhive scripts, let me know and I can include it into our file.
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

hi jeff,

unfortunately I don't have a quick fix, since I don't know your system.

all output in the popup is generated in mailhive.php, functions like mh_... are defined in mailhive/common/functions/...

however changes there will have a global impact on the mailbeez system

hope you can find a way to make it work

cord

Page 54 of 95 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast