Are credit card information ever stored on the cart/server host? I can't find a setting in the admin or in manual about an option to store or not to store credit card information. i tested virtuemart and there was a part to uncheck mark the store credit card information.

Does zen cart have something similar?

I just checked out a few carts that talk about PCI Compliance on their website description. Does zen cart have any of these features?

CS-Cart
----------------
Cardholder data protection in CS-Cart is provided for both offline and online payment methods. In case of offline order processing cardholder data is encrypted with the Blowfish algorithm and stored to the CS-Cart database. After the order is processed, the credit card information can be deleted automatically.

If the order processing is carried out online, double protection is possible. In addition to the Blowfish encryption, data can also be encoded with the certificate-based encryption during transmission over networks, as CS-Cart supports SSL certificates of all types.

Avactis Cart
------------

Cardholder and card data stored in database is encrypted by RSA algorithm. Private key is located at store administrator’s local computer only.

Cardholder and card data collected during checkout is encrypted by Blowfish algorithm. Secret key is passed using HTTPS encryption only.

In order to view credit card data, store administrator has to upload his private key from his local computer.

After key upload the data is decrypted and displayed, while the key is instantly deleted. All these operations are performed over an HTTPS connection to make data interception impossible