Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Additional Description Fields in the Admin > New Product

The products I work with have a lot of different qualities. For example: color, height, model, type, etc.

Right now, I waste so much time typing the same stuff everytime I post a new product. I don't want to keep typing the "labels" I just want to input the info.

Instead of having one main text box for the description in the admin, I want to create several fields with labels and use CSS to position them...

Model: (blank text box that I can fill in)
    Color: (blank text box that I can fill in)
    Height: (blank text box that I can fill in)
    Weight: (blank text box that I can fill in)

I would also have the original description box at the bottom for additional info.

I can handle the CSS part, but what about getting those new fields into the admin page??Does anyone have a clue how I would go about doing this? I've attached pics for a visual. Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Additional Description Fields in the Admin > New Product

For more information how to add additional fields in zen cart description you can check here - https://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57924
    Note that it will work for zen cart version 1.3.8 - it's possible that to ruin your store so just save a copy of all files you're going to edit.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the link. It looks like it will involve a lot more than I thought and there is a risk of screwing everything up.

I will read through that entire thread to learn as much as possible.

In the meantime, how can I make it so that the Product Description box has something pre-populated in it everytime I go to add a new product? For example, if I want this to show up automatically in that box:
    Model:
    Color:
    Height:
    Weight:

Plugin Contributions

When you setup the new fields you will see the place for the pre-loaded information.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bminister View Post
    When you setup the new fields you will see the place for the pre-loaded information.
    I'm sorry, I mean in the case that I do not set up new fields.. If I just keep the product description box that already exists.

Plugin Contributions

You can create one demo product with all fields you need - just duplicate it always when you want to add a new product.

Plugin Contributions

You can create one demo product with all fields you need - just duplicate it always when you want to add a new product.
    I think we're having a small misunderstanding. I'm only talking about one field.. the main description box. There should be a way to add the some content to that box through the backend so that the content is always there.

I wish I could think of an example... but it's sort of like those blog sites that have a box for your email and inside the box it says "enter your email here" then when you click on the box, that text disappears so you can enter your email. It's a similar idea, but I just wouldn't want the test to disappear, I would want to build upon it with the product details. I'm attaching a picture for another visual.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Create one product with this description - when you want to insert a new product from the admin area -> categories/products duplicate this product. You will see the new product in the specific category/subcategory - just open it and add the product's title, price, etc.

Plugin Contributions

Create one product with this description - when you want to insert a new product from the admin area -> categories/products duplicate this product. You will see the new product in the specific category/subcategory - just open it and add the product's title, price, etc.
    That is a great work-around, thank you. I will try it.

But, I know there should be a way to do this in the code. Anyone know?

Can you help me figure out how to apply CSS to the content in that box? I use a certain font, size, and color for the description and each time I create a product I have to select all the content and apply all of those characteristics.

I want to simply type the stuff and let the CSS style it for me. Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Using Adobe Dreamweaver you can create one page with css entries - you need to copy the code and insert it in the description field (it should be in HTML mode). Or better download and intsall this add-on - http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=269

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast