Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Giving a discount on postage

Hi can any one advize me how to configer Zen.

I want to give a dicount of 2 pounds on every item that is ordered over the first item.

Because all items are priced with the postage included

So for 3 items the customer would pay for the price as shown for the 1st item, 2nd item less 2pounds, and for the 3rd item 2pounds less = 4 pounds discount this must be done at chechout.

I am hopping this can be done showing the 2 pounds off rather than a % off

As this always seems mor appealing

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Giving a discount on postage

What shipping module do you have installed?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Thanks For asking, I am very new to all this. Just trying to configer Zen as I want it, I am using 1.3.9.d its only been on the server for 2 days. At the moment I do not have any shipping moduals installed at all, or products so it is still basicly clean, except for another template, was hopping someone just like you would be able to tell me the best one, and to lead me through it. I really hope you will be able to help

Thanks again

Plugin Contributions

The weight of an order is calculated as the whole amount but it could be adjusted ...

Where this adjustment takes place is really dependent on how you want to determine your shipping ...

Zone Rate zones and Table Rate table shipping modules treat weight in one manner ...

Real time quote modules such as UPS and USPS treat weight in another manner ...

It would be of help, when you decide what you want to do for shipping, that you could give more detail ...

I am guessing that you do not plan to use any Real Time quotes from places such as UPS and USPS ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Most of the postage will be on english royal mail, basicly all the products will be the same wieght, and as the price of the product
    incudes the postage.

So I am saying if acustomer was to by 2 product ( say the price was $9 x 2=18 but both these products price contains postage, and they go in the same package, we will give a discount of $2 on the 2nd item upto 4 items IE: the dicount on the 4 items would be $6

Hope I have explained my self clearly.

Plugin Contributions

So what you are really needing to do is know how many Products are in multiple quantities to adjust the charges?

Meaning, Product A quantity 1 and Product B quantity 1 does not get the discount but Product A quantity 2 gets the discount ...

What happens on
    Product A quantity 2
    Product B quantity 5
    Product C quantity 1
    Product D quantity 6

when all in the same cart?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

No they can all be diferent products after 4 items wieght postage will start to come into play. I had not thought of selling that many products like you say.

Plugin Contributions

So you want one method of shipping charges for 4 Items or less and another method of shipping charges for 5 items or more?

So how much do you want to charge for:
    1 item
    2 item
    3 item
    4 item

and then skip to some other shipping method for 5 items or more correct?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

They may all be diferent prices fom say $10 to $60 as they are laddies ware, but basicly weigh the same, the shipping price is around $3 per item wiehgt comes in aroung 0.5 KG which 4 items will go just under so say the 4 items to post sepratly would be $12

but in the same package about $5 you see where I am Coming from

Plugin Contributions

How's about a table rate based on cart total that sets postage to X amount for purchases up to $x amount, y amount for purchases up to $y amount, and free after $z amount.

This way, you could figure out an amount that would cover postage for say two items and charge it for base shipping. Figure a reasonable rate for middle items and, then, a point where you would be willing to ship for free.

Might simplify the mix and encourage the customer to add more products as they see the shipping stays the same, decreases or goes away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast