Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Dreamhost: credit card process via linkpoint/paypal suddenly not working

Hello,

I have a client that has been down since last Thursday. Client is www.beadsdirectusa.com. Prior to then, he was successfully able to process credit cards through the firstdata module. Then on Thursday, clients got a blank screen when they should have seen their order confirmation. The happens whether in production or test mode.

I have looked through the forums, apparently there can be some issues with the product descriptions have invalid characters as well as issues with port 1129 not being open. I successfully tested an order on client's test site on my server (in testing mode), so this is not a firstdata issue, nor does it appear to be an issue with invalid characters. Client called the hosting company, and they claim that port 1129 is open.

Here's the pertinent part of the error log:

Jun-28-2010 10:25:26
    =================================

Communication Result: 7 - couldn't connect to host

Response Code: < <

=================================

Sending to Gateway:
    result = GOOD
    oid = 2054-ldIeJJ
    subtotal = 20.70
    shipping = 5.00
    chargetotal = 25.70
    items = Array

Result: proved>FAILURE</r_approved><r_error>Could not connect.</r_error>

CURL info: Array
    (
    [url] => https://secure.linkpt.net:1129/LSGSXML
    [content_type] =>
    [http_code] => 0
    [header_size] => 0
    [request_size] => 0
    [filetime] => -1
    [ssl_verify_result] => 0
    [redirect_count] => 0
    [total_time] => 189.034381
    [namelookup_time] => 0.063603
    [connect_time] => 0
    [pretransfer_time] => 0
    [size_upload] => 0
    [size_download] => 0
    [speed_download] => 0
    [speed_upload] => 0
    [download_content_length] => -1
    [upload_content_length] => -1
    [starttransfer_time] => 0
    [redirect_time] => 0
    )

Any assistance anyone can provide would be most appreciated. Client can currently accept payments through paypal with no problem, but firstdata is down, and that's how most of his clients pay.

Thanks in advance,
    Christopher

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: FirstData - Port open but won't connect?

Quote Originally Posted by DCDC View Post
    CURL is the method being invoked to tell your server to go out to the FirstData site and complete a transaction.
    Without that communication working properly, you won't be able to get those transactions.
    The software (Zen Cart, and firstdata module) is simply asking CURL to do the communication and watching for a response.
    Your server then tries to connect to the correct published FirstData URL at: https://secure.linkpt.net:1129/LSGSXML
    The server's CURL client is encountering a problem and reporting the error to you: "Error Number 7", which means "couldn't connect to host".
    That means the same as if you put a URL in your browser address bar and somehow it can't find the page.
    Possible causes of the problem:
    - wrong URL (not applicable in this case)
    - (firstdata) server is down (you said that's not the case here)
    - something wrong with the client (your browser, or in the case of CURL, the server's CURL client configuration, managed by your hosting company)
    - SSL problems on the server's client configuration
    - firewall blocking the port, thus preventing the client from getting outside the server/network
    - server config can't do nameserver lookups properly, perhaps due to broken resolv.conf setup, or worse maybe broken ns configuration
    - or any number of other more advanced server/network problems that your hosting company is the expert on

Your hosting company should know this, and if they don't then I suggest running quickly to someplace that does:
    - fire up a browser on the server (there are simple ways to do this without installing big complex software apps)
    - try to connect to the URL in question: https://secure.linkpt.net:1129/LSGSXML
    - if it doesn't connect then it's clearly something that the server admin must fix, esp if connecting from a PC's browser *does* give a response.

Problems that "suddenly" occur are almost always a result of something getting changed by the hosting company at the moment things broke.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default credit card process via linkpoint suddenly not working

Hi ZenGeniuses,

Thank you in advance for your big brains.

I've had no trouble with my credit card gateway until 6/26/2010 when my site suddenly stopped taking credit cards. Several customers have written in to say their cards were rejected, and my own cc did not work either. I have not made any setting changes or added any addons or mods in months. Error message as follows:

"Your card has been declined. Please re-enter your card information, try another card, or contact the store owner for assistance."

I uninstalled and reinstalled the PEM certificate and Linkpoint payment module, but the problem persists. Testing mode didn't work, nor did live mode, same error message.

I tried changed the proxy cURL to "false" it still did nothing to solve the problem, though it seemed to work for these guys:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137637

Running ZC 1.3.8, so this may be the culprit, I need to upgrade to 1.3.9, but still confused as to why it would stop working all of a sudden. I have not made any recent changes or updates other than renewing my security certificate 6/21/2010.

I contacted Dreamhost and they say port 1129 is open, say there is no server trouble on their end, the Linkpoint people say the data is not coming from the cart to the terminal, so there is some communication breakdown.

I have read and reread the Linkpoint install and troubleshooting guide...
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=298

...and I am compliant with the following:
    + LinkPoint or YourPay (also called FirstData Global Gateway) account (naturally)
    + cURL is required and MUST be compiled into PHP with SSL support
    + TCP Port 1129 is used for communication with the gateway, so must be open on your host's router
    + PEM RSA Key File (Provided by FirstData)
    + You need to have an SSL certificate active on your site to protect your customers' sensitive data

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: credit card process via linkpoint suddenly not working

Interesting you would mention this. I've got the same problem with one of my clients right now (see post below) - his went down on Thursday for seemingly no reason. The host double checked and says that port 1129 is indeed open, and referred me back to the setup of linkpoint, which I know is setup correctly. At least you are getting a rejection screen - we're just getting a blank screen, though we are running 1.3.9.b.

Did you take a look at the error logs, what error messages are you getting?

Christopher

Plugin Contributions

good to know i'm not alone, sorry you're having the same trouble with your client. the only error message that look suspect to me (the rest seem to be image problems or client connection problems:

[Sat Jun 26 19:59:40 2010] [error] [client XX] ModSecurity: Access denied with code 503 (phase 2). Pattern match "0" at ARGS:record_company_name. [file "/dh/apache2/template/etc/mod_sec2/99_dreamhost_rules.conf"] [line "37"] [id "1990004"] [hostname "iheartguts.com"] [uri "/shop//admin/record_company.php/password_forgotten.php"] [unique_id XX]

here's another:
    [error] [client XX] ModSecurity: Access denied with code 503 (phase 2). Pattern match "=(http|www|ftp)\\:/(.+)\\.(c|dat|kek|gif|jpe?g|jpeg|png|sh|txt|bmp|dat|txt|js|html?|tmp|asp)\\x20?\ \?" at REQUEST_URI. [file "/dh/apache2/template/etc/mod_sec2/gotroot/50_asl_rootkits.conf"] [line "23"] [id "390144"] [rev "2"] [msg "Command shell attack: Generic Attempt to remote include command shell"] [severity "CRITICAL"] [hostname "iheartguts.com"] [uri "/shop/index.php"] [unique_id XX]

I removed the IP addresses and unique IDs..

Does any of that make sense? They sound like security errors, but not necessarily cc related.

Plugin Contributions

Hello again,

I was actually referring to zen error logs in your cache (zen_directory/cache) - I think the error log entries you pasted came from your server admin.

In 1.3.9x php error logging is automatic, but you need to install a php error logging program in 1.3.8 which creates error logs. See this post:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84613

I don't know if the linkpoint error logs automatically dump into the cache folder without the php error logging program, or if you will need to install that first.

Turn on the php error logging, run a test transaction in zencart, and then paste the logfile entries here...

Christopher

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by iheartguts View Post
    ... confused as to why it would stop working all of a sudden....

I contacted Dreamhost and they say port 1129 is open, say there is no server trouble on their end, the Linkpoint people say the data is not coming from the cart to the terminal, so there is some communication breakdown.
    What happens if you use the curltester script?
    www.your_site.com/extras/curltester.php?linkpoint=1
    (was called curltest.php in v1.3.8, so adjust accordingly)
    (if you deleted the /extras/ folder already (as you should), then you can obtain the file here: http://zencart.svn.sourceforge.net/v...curltester.php (right-click and save-as ) )

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: FirstData - Port open but won't connect?

The hosting company is?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Hi DrByte,

Thanks for the curltester script, it seems communication is open, but then at the end it says "malformed or unrecognized request," here are the results:

COMMUNICATIONS TEST OKAY.
    You may see error information below, but that information simply confirms that the server actually responded, which means communications is open.

Array
    (
    [url] => "https://secure.linkpt.net:1129/LSGSXML"
    [content_type] =>
    [http_code] => 200
    [header_size] => 40
    [request_size] => 213
    [filetime] => -1
    [ssl_verify_result] => 0
    [redirect_count] => 0
    [total_time] => 0.34863
    [namelookup_time] => 0.09813
    [connect_time] => 0.111113
    [pretransfer_time] => 0.297731
    [size_upload] => 37
    [size_download] => 280
    [speed_download] => 803
    [speed_upload] => 106
    [download_content_length] => 280
    [upload_content_length] => 0
    [starttransfer_time] => 0.348589
    [redirect_time] => 0
    )

Malformed or unrecognized request.
    EOF

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: credit card process via linkpoint suddenly not working

hey guys...i dont know how i stumbled here but Ive searched and been on the phone all day about this issue. So i'm #3 having this problem.,.. this makes me realize im not insane.

So my problem is actually on OScommerce with linkpoint API and Dreamhost also. I hadn't gotten an order since Wednesday, so something has happened somewhere after then.

I called Linkpoint 5 times today with them telling me my PEM file checks out OK and i can see they're right, the test transactions are in my console.

I called First Data and they didnt see anything changed on my account.

I submitted/chatted with dreamhost about 7 times today so far referenceing it and they claim nothing has been changted on my account since the php4-5 switch over (which i recovered from and was working fine for 2 weeks)

I did a fresh install of my cart with the latest version and the latest version of Linkpoint API--SAME ERROR!!!

So i dont know what to do...everyone is blaming others at this point and its nice to know i'm not alone...

I'll keep checking back to see if theres any updates from you guys because i need this fixed as much as you guys do---great to know im not alone here

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast