Plugin Contributions

red flag Please Help - Paypal Orders Not Showing in Admin

Orders are completing through Paypal but are not returning to the admin side. I can see newly created customers but nowhere in my shop is the order information listed. It is not going through to the database...nothing.

I've seen old threads on this topic, but am not sure how reliable that old info is, given all of the new zen updates. Please someone help. I would appreciate any trouble shooting or tips or suggestions. I really need to get this resolved. I have had this problem with a different cart system, (miva) before I moved to zencart. Now suddenly it is happening again without my having changed anything. I am currently running 1.3.9c. My host is Dreamhost. Everything was working without a hitch until the 26th.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Please Help - Paypal Orders Not Showing in Admin

I've seen others report problems with Dreamhost "suddenly" start happen in the last 2-3 days.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That said, if you're using the PayPal Website Payments Standard module, then you're subjecting your site to PayPal's older architecture limitations, and would be FAR better off switching to PayPal Express Checkout which is not limited by the design and communication problems that their old "standard" service has.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your quick reply! :) I was worried that that's an underlying problem since I had these issues before on a completely different system, but the same host. :/ Not cool, man. There's not much I can do about the host (switching) right now though.

I am using the Website Payments Standard module, and I shall look into Paypal Express checkout. Are there any additional pro's and cons/tips on switching to express that you know of? I've checked with my host to see if CURL is active on my server and it is.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

Have you heard of this happening with Paypal Express? I have a customer who says this just happened twice to the same customer. She definitely paid and the money went to paypal but no order was generated.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    Have you heard of this happening with Paypal Express? I have a customer who says this just happened twice to the same customer. She definitely paid and the money went to paypal but no order was generated.
    only if she's got PHP errors happening on her site which are preventing her store from completing execution properly

Plugin Contributions

that was my thought exactly. Thanks.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com