Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Can't access the ZenCart admin area after update

Hi guys,

I have a ZenCart 1.3.7 site that i want to update to 1.3.9.

I created a dummy site and followed the instructions. I was a little confused during the Database update in the zc_install procedure because it showed me the admin-include-configure file was not found. This is actually because my admin folder is called otherwise, not "admin" so I updated regardless of this.

Everything went fine and the site displays correctly, but I can't access the ZenCart admin area.

Is there some kind of different procedure or steps to be made when the "admin" folder is named differently?

Thanks,

Vlad

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't access the ZenCart admin area after update

Can you access the Admin if you use the right URL to your admin directory?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Nah. It just gives me the same error. I reported this to my host. They said:

"This is definitely a script-side error. You can successfully run scripts out of that folder:

http://68.171.213.72/~blissful/store...-name/test.php

but not your ZenCart. It's now returning a blank page to me, which indicates catastrophic errors with the Zen Cart script."

Now, I read somewhere that all the modules and add-ons have to be removed before upgrading. I didn't do that. Could this be a reason?

Thanks..

Plugin Contributions

Was this an upgrade?

If I go to your shop I get a bad connection to the database ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Yes, it was. I'm trying it again. So I'll let you know when I finish setting up, so you can take a look.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Ok. I've did it all again.

I've used the dummy site and setup the original shop running on 1.3.7 and the corresponding DB.

Now, before I make an upgrade I need to know the following:

Do I have to change the admin folder name back to default (admin) because it's currently set as a custom name? I ask this because when upgrading the ZenCart to 1.3.9 it shows me that it can't access the admin folder because it doesn't exist. And it is understandable since it's called differently. So do I have to change back the name to "admin" or can I just ignore it and move on with the upgrade?

Also, do I have to uninstall all the modules and the add-ons before I upgrade it to 1.3.9 and then install them again?

Please let me know

Thanks,
    Vlad

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by vladimir_vulic View Post
    Do I have to change the admin folder name back to default (admin) because it's currently set as a custom name? I ask this because when upgrading the ZenCart to 1.3.9 it shows me that it can't access the admin folder because it doesn't exist. And it is understandable since it's called differently. So do I have to change back the name to "admin" or can I just ignore it and move on with the upgrade?
    Short answer: no, you do not need to rename the admin folder back to "admin" just to do the upgrade.
    But, naturally you *will* still have to compare files in all folders, substituting *your* admin folder name vs the distribution files' folder name.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Also, do I have to uninstall all the modules and the add-ons before I upgrade it to 1.3.9 and then install them again?
    As per the upgrade documentation found in your /docs/ folder, the answer is yes, you need to uninstall your payment/shipping modules and re-install them.
    As for addons, that always depends on each addon individually. That's why you do the upgrade in a temporary copy of your site first.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Do I have to change the admin folder name back to default (admin) because it's currently set as a custom name?
    Not if your current Admin config file contains the correct information.

So do I have to change back the name to "admin" or can I just ignore it and move on with the upgrade?
    Only if the above is not true. But then you will have to manually edit the file afterwards, to reflect the new Admin dir. name.

Only for all the Payment and Shipping modules. Even though they are provided by default, best to un-install then re-install. Any 3rd party modules should work but no guarantees.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks guys for all your help, I finally managed to pull it off.

I have just one more concern. Everything is working perfectly, however some of the things displayed on the pages are little screwed up like the color of the sideboxes header - they are in green instead of blue. One of the sideboxes doesn't have the contents it should etc. Nothing big, but still annoying.

I guess it has to do something with the template and css files, because I customized the new ones that comes with 1.3.9 instead of just replacing them. So my question is can I just upload the css and templates files from the old site?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast