Plugin Contributions

Default xampp windows 7 and zencart

Ok, I'm posting out of desperation. I've been trying to get a working development enviroment on my brand new windows 7 laptop.

After spending three whole days trying to get everything installed (at first I was trying to install apache, php & mysql seperately) I finally came accross xampplite which took me another day to install correctly - apparently you need to create a new partition http://windows7news.com/2009/09/23/h...-in-windows-7/ because the C drive on windows 7 is very strictly administered. It really took me a day reading tutorials before I came accross that solution!

anyway, I've finally got everything to work and went to install zencart. I followed https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=100 but when I try to install I get lots of errors which all look similar to:

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in E:\xampplite\htdocs\bmlc\includes\classes\db\mysql\query_factory.php on line 177

I have a sneaking suspicion that it's something to do with passwords. I didn't set any when I was installing xampplite whereas I did have to when I installed mysql seperately, therefore when I installed zencart I just left the password field blank.

I'm pretty sure I've done everything according to instructions but I'm sure it's just something simple or stupid I've missed but the thought of spending another day tinkering with all this is filling me with dread.

if anyone fancied pointing me in the right direction I'd be eternally grateful!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: xampp windows 7 and zencart

Those ereg() errors are a result of you using PHP 5.3 and an old version of Zen Cart that doesn't support PHP 5.3.
    Try using the latest version of Zen Cart instead, and those errors will go away.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.