Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default multiple IPN setting

Hi,

I am using 1.38

I have set paypal IPN and everything is running properly

however, I am now using another online platform to manage sales on ebay while it requires me to set up the IPN also

As you may know, paypal only has 1 space to fill in the IPN address. Is there anyway to set up 2 or more IPN address in 1 paypal account?

any suggest will be appreciated!

thank you!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: multiple IPN setting

Zen Cart sends its own IPN URL with each transaction, so you should just set it to your ebay one.
    As long as the URL you enter is *valid* and *always* responds properly when PayPal sends notices, things should be fine. If you point it to a URL that fails repeatedly then it will also disable all IPN notifications, thus killing your store.

You really should be upgrading to v1.3.9 and also converting to Express Checkout instead.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Zen Cart sends its own IPN URL with each transaction, so you should just set it to your ebay one.
    As long as the URL you enter is *valid* and *always* responds properly when PayPal sends notices, things should be fine. If you point it to a URL that fails repeatedly then it will also disable all IPN notifications, thus killing your store.

You really should be upgrading to v1.3.9 and also converting to Express Checkout instead.
    Hi

Thank you for your speedy reply

My current paypal IPN setting is:
    http://www.locomolife.com/store/ipn_main_handler.php

do you mean that I can simply delete it and change it to my ebay one?

What about the website payment auto return setting?
    my current setting is:
    http://www.locomolife.com/store/inde...eckout_process

Do I need to do any change to it?

Besides, how will 1.39 helps about this issue? I am actually very new about it.

thank you!
    Last edited by musicfreer; 28 May 2010 at 09:54 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by musicfreer View Post
    My current paypal IPN setting is:
    http://www.locomolife.com/store/ipn_main_handler.php

do you mean that I can simply delete it and change it to my ebay one?
    Yes.
    What about the website payment auto return setting?
    my current setting is:
    http://www.locomolife.com/store/inde...eckout_process

Do I need to do any change to it?
    Do whatever your other site requires.
    Besides, how will 1.39 helps about this issue? I am actually very new about it.
    v1.3.8 has some serious security holes which are fixed in v1.3.9.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Yes.Do whatever your other site requires.
    v1.3.8 has some serious security holes which are fixed in v1.3.9.
    Thank you for your reply

1 more question, if I changed all those paypal settings, will I still be able to receive email notification of new order and payment? I used to receive 2 emails when there is new order:
    1) New order notification from website
    2) payment notification from paypal

Please advise

thank you!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Making the changes won't affect the normal operation of your website.

That said, switching to Express Checkout will let you avoid all the risks of not receiving new orders properly in your site when the IPN service is down from time to time.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

I'm trying a new install of v1.3.9d and I have almost the same question regarding multiple IPN's.

Typically I've created my own checkouts on most of the sites I've built so far. What I usually do is add the IPN URL and return page URL right into the paypal query string when redirecting to paypal, completely avoiding having to hard code those setting inside the paypal account.

How can I modify the paypal redirect URL query string in zencart to contain those parameters as well?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by edacsac View Post
    Hello,

I'm trying a new install of v1.3.9d and I have almost the same question regarding multiple IPN's.

Typically I've created my own checkouts on most of the sites I've built so far. What I usually do is add the IPN URL and return page URL right into the paypal query string when redirecting to paypal, completely avoiding having to hard code those setting inside the paypal account.

How can I modify the paypal redirect URL query string in zencart to contain those parameters as well?
    Zen Cart automatically takes care of all of that for you. You just need to make sure that the IPN option is enabled within your PayPal account.

BUT ... there's no good reason for you to use PayPal's archaic "website payments standard" method for collecting payment. The Express Checkout technology is much more contemporary and reliable.

Plugin Contributions

I haven't used express checkout yet, but it seems really overbearing when I read about it. I'll have to try it. Running multiple sites from on paypal account is most important right now. Thank you!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by edacsac View Post
    I haven't used express checkout yet, but it seems really overbearing when I read about it. I'll have to try it. Running multiple sites from on paypal account is most important right now. Thank you!
    Not sure what you mean by overbearing. But, that's a completely unrelated topic to the discussion in this thread.
    Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast