Plugin Contributions

Default Authorize.net Order Status

I just installed Zen Cart 1.39d on a new site to test it out. I am almost done with the website and products so far so good.

I just noticed when setting up the payment using Authorize.net the order status is set to pending even though I have the default set to processing. I even set the payment refunded status to processing but it still shows as pending when viewing the Payment page in admin.

I have only the MAP and MSRP modules installed on this site.

Is this a reported bug?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net Order Status

1. If you set the module's status to Processing, then Processing will be set when your "Auth+Capture" orders are completed.
    2. If your module is set to "Auth Only" then "Pending" will *still* be applied, since you have NOT received money yet. In such cases, you'll need to manually capture the funds and manually update the order's status to Processing.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

OK that make sense now.

I am comparing it to 1.38a which shows up processing even though i have it setup for Authorization Only.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

One of the many improvements between versions.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Let me ask you this. Has the callback function between Authorize and Zen Cart been improved to automatically update the order status if it is indeed refunded after the payment is captured similar to PayPal module.

I know on 1,38 I had to manually change the order status after refunding a payment when customer use AuthorizeNet

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Authorize.net doesn't provide such a callback, so your Zen Cart store is unable to know about any changes you make in your Authorize.net console, unless you add comments to your ZC order manually.

Plugin Contributions

OK, that's what I thought.

I don't think there is a need to go through this manually. The way it is now is just fine.

Thank you for your help.