Plugin Contributions

Default Where To Set Address Override =0 in Paypal Express Checkout?

Question: Where can I set the address overide to 0 with paypal express chekout module?

It seems that there is no option to set the address override = 0 with this module?

The reason for this is because I had an order coming from India and wanted the delivery to another country and she was faced with this:

"Paypal does not allow your country of residence to ship to the country you wish to"

How can I solve this? Thanks

William

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Where To Set Address Override =0 in Paypal Express Checkout?

So, you're saying that you want to tell PayPal that you're shipping to one address when you're actually going to ship to a completely different country altogether?
    Is this a frequent practice for you?

One reason PayPal prevents that is because your Seller Protection will be completely voided. Plus they have fraud rules that also prevent that behavior.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Perhaps let me clarify this, guess it may not be so clear...

Customer from India wanted to buy something as a gift from my online store and had it shipped to her friend staying in my country, not to her home country to herself.

Thus her billing address is india but shipping address is in my country.

And she was faced with the below error while trying to checkout:

"Paypal does not allow your country of residence to ship to the country you wish to"

I have called paypal and was told there shouldn't be any problem for the customer to buy and that there are no restrictions on her country.

Which left me to wonder this could be a problem of my zen cart settings.

I am at a lost how to solve this as I guess this affects other people ordering from other countries as well.

Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

William

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If your customer elects to start PayPal checkout by using the shortcut button on the shopping-cart page, they'll be taken to PayPal to select their funding source and address details. That address will be returned to your store when the customer returns, and checkout can be completed using that address.
    However, if the customer changes the address within your store, or if they have created an account and selected a different shipping address before selecting PayPal, then that changed address will be submitted to PayPal as part of the transaction, since that's the real address they're requesting to ship to.

What PayPal does with that information once received is up to them, and is beyond Zen Cart's control.

If you change address-override to 0 then you're going to be telling PayPal that the shipping address is something different than what you're really doing.

And, changing it so that it never sends the actual customer-entered address would therefore break all your Seller Protection eligibility since you're never telling PayPal the real shipping address if the customer makes an adjustment. Is that what you really want to do?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks DrByte, this really helps me understand more about the process of checkout via paypal express and how the address is passed.

William

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Where To Set Address Override =0 in Paypal Express Checkout?

Hi,
    I am facing the same problem and would like to allow some of my resellers to buy from me and I will ship it for them anywhere in the world.
    Is there an option for this ?

If not for all countries then atleast Canada , is this possible ??