Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal Error: 10413 Transaction refused because of an invalid argument

I am running 1.39D and getting the same error. PayPal Direct payment error 10413 and PayPal express checkout error
    10413 Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. - The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts
    It does not happen all the time many payments go through fine but almost daily we will have one or more failures with that error code.
    I asked a customer who had the problem to let me know what he was trying to buy. I tried to buy that item paying by card wnd could not but. I looked at the prices both net and gross were to 4 decimal places rather than the one originally entered (prior to upgrading from 1.37) being to 2 decimal places and the other that was auto calculated would be to two. Changed that I could buy. Tried others that were likewise priced both to 4 dec places without success. Then tried to buy one item but changed the prices.
    If gross price is 17.95 and net works out as 15.2766 I cannot buy and get the totals do not match error. Change price to 17.17 with net at 14.6128 I can buy no problem no errors.
    I cant go through all items on the site to fiddle with prices so they are all in the sweet spot. If I did I might then find that there are sweet combinations of prices for sales of multiple different items.
    I cannot fathom it. Any ideas please?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Error: 10413 Transaction refused because of an invalid argument

Quote Originally Posted by lesbray View Post
    It does not happen all the time many payments go through fine but almost daily we will have one or more failures with that error code.
    I asked a customer who had the problem to let me know what he was trying to buy. I tried to buy that item paying by card wnd could not but. I looked at the prices both net and gross were to 4 decimal places rather than the one originally entered (prior to upgrading from 1.37) being to 2 decimal places and the other that was auto calculated would be to two. Changed that I could buy. Tried others that were likewise priced both to 4 dec places without success. Then tried to buy one item but changed the prices.
    I'm guessing that English is not your primary language, and if so, I apologize. But I'm having difficulty accurately following what you're saying.

I'll need to see transaction logs before I can help sort out the problems. ref: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61199

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Error: 10413 Transaction refused because of an invalid argument

Hi, I am sorry I was not clear earlier I will try again though now I think I have sorted the problem

The problem was the when customers were buying certain items they could not complete payment by card,
    We would get an eMail PayPal Direct payment error 10413 and PayPal express checkout error
    10413 Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. - The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts

First I know I need a test to be able to tell if any fix worked or not

With knowledge of the contents and destination of two sales that had failed. One order was for multiple parts the other for just one item, both for UK mainland delivery.

I logged in as a customer and tried to buy the one item Net price of item (£15.28 carriage £5.40 and VAT £3.62) and went to pay but could not due to afore mentioned problem arising when going to pay with the message of totals not matching as mentioned before

I logged in to the administrator area and changed the price of the item, I had unsuccessfully tried to buy, to the price of another product customers have been buying without problem. Net price £14.61 carriage £5.40 and vat £3.50
    I then logged in as a customer again and successfully bought and paid for the same item.

I tried the above two conditions and tests again with the same results. I also, logged in as customer and tried to buy the same multiple items with same prices as the other customer had tried to buy. This resulted in the same error as the above. I now think I have 2 tests to use when trying to fix the problem.

I was going to create transaction logs you mentioned this weekend but as the problem was something to do with totals. Logged into the administration area went to modules/order total and "removed" the Sub-Total ot_subtotal so now there is a red dot rather than green.

I tested by logging in as a customer and buying the item as before with the same pricing that was previously resulting in the error. I can now buy and pay for that item no problem. I tried also buying the same multiple items as the other customer mentioned earlier and succeeded without problem.

The only small disadvantage is that when printing an invoice there used to be a subtotal for all the item prices (Excluding vat) Then underneath would be the carriage charge and the vat then the total. The difference is that now there is no Subtotal only the total.
    Still has all the rest of detail just no subtotal.

I am hoping this cures the problem. I note others with a very similar problem post that they have cured a problem only to find later they have not. If the problem re appears I will post again. I still dont understand the mechanics of the problem but the apparent fix is easy to do, to try and to undo if it doesn't work.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1. Click "Reply" and answer all the questions in the "Posting Tips" section of the page, including a detailed list of the addons you've installed.
    2. List ALL the order-total modules and the colour of the "dot" beside them.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi DrByte,

I have been through a number of threads and tried a number of fixes without success, I have attached a log from a failed transaction, any ideas?

2010-11-05 11:33:44
    -------------------
    (live transaction) --> https://api-3t.paypal.com/nvp
    Request Headers:
    Array
    (

[0] => Content-Type: text/namevalue

[1] => X-VPS-Timeout: 45
    [
    2] => X-VPS-VIT-Client-Type: PHP/cURL

[3] => X-VPS-VIT-Integration-Product: PHP::Zen Cart - WPP-NVP

[4] => X-VPS-VIT-Integration-Version: 1.3.8a
    )

Request Parameters: {DoExpressCheckoutPayment}
    Array
    (

[ITEMAMT] => 3.98

[HANDLINGAMT] => 0.59

[SHIPPINGAMT] => 0.00

[TAXAMT] => 0.59

[AMT] => 3.98

[SHIPTONAME] => Beench

[SHIPTOSTREET] => 5 Centre

[SHIPTOSTREET2] => Loapel

[SHIPTOCITY] => B

[SHIPTOSTATE] => s

[SHIPTOZIP] =>

[SHIPTOCOUNTRYCODE] => GB

[BUTTONSOURCE] => ZenCart-EC_us

[TOKEN] => EC-7LS88735RU976753F

[PAYERID] => RH5D67L3YB4F6

[PAYMENTACTION] => Sale

[NOTIFYURL] => https://mightcontainnuts.com/store/ipn_main_handler.php

[METHOD] => DoExpressCheckoutPayment

[CURRENCYCODE] => GBP

[USER] => frenchy.232_api1.virgin.net

[PWD] => ****************

[VERSION] => 3.2

[SIGNATURE] => ****************************************************xnA-
    )

Response:
    Array
    (

[TIMESTAMP] => 2010-11-05T10:33:44Z

[CORRELATIONID] => 50662bfea59ce

[ACK] => Failure

[VERSION] => 3.2

[BUILD] => 1603004

[L_ERRORCODE0] => 10413

[L_SHORTMESSAGE0] => Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.

[L_LONGMESSAGE0] => The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts.

[L_SEVERITYCODE0] => Error

[CURL_ERRORS] =>
    )

DoExpressCheckoutPament, Elapsed: 930ms -- Failure

TIMESTAMP=2010%2d11%2d05T10%3a33%3a

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frenchy232 View Post
    I have been through a number of threads and tried a number of fixes without success, I have attached a log from a failed transaction, any ideas?

2010-11-05 11:33:44
    -------------------
    [3] => X-VPS-VIT-Integration-Product: PHP::Zen Cart - WPP-NVP

[4] => X-VPS-VIT-Integration-Version: 1.3.8a
    Yup: Upgrade to Zen Cart v1.3.9h, where those problems have been addressed.