Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Painfully slow basic install 5+sec to load initial page???

Hi im totaly new to zen cart, and have just embarked on my first install of ZenCart 1.3.8a and for some reason the base site template takes ages to load and then just as long to change the page.

Im not sure if i have configured something wrongly, there are no items no massive images as its the default template so it should be really quick.

Other websites hosted on my server are almost instant to load but the two install i have done of Zen are both the same and run like im back on dial up. I have templates to install over the top of the site but dont want to install them as it will just get even slower as they are more graphical.

I have uploaded the sql cache patch but it did nothing, has anyone else ever come across this problme before?

I could understand if there were large graphics and thousands of files in the DB but these are the bare minimum installs.

Sites can be viewd at

www.iplusonline.co.uk
    www.dandncomputing.co.uk

thanks in advance, and sorry if this has been posted before but the only answers i could find were related to large image files and compressing them

and hosting windows based in the uk if that makes a diffrence

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Painfully slow basic install 5+sec to load initial page???

and hosting windows based in the uk if that makes a diffrence
    Why did you choose Windows hosting? I would recommend having the sites moved to Unix hosting.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

are your other webstites PHP based with database connections?

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RobWUK View Post
    are your other webstites PHP based with database connections?

Rob
    Hi the other sites asp.net and connect to an mssql database, this is also the reason for choosing windows based hosting as 90% of my sites require asp
    Posted via Mobile Device

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by l3wyh View Post
    Hi the other sites asp.net and connect to an mssql database, this is also the reason for choosing windows based hosting as 90% of my sites require asp
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Also just another note, have also installed osticket which I php based and connects to mysql database and the loading time is almost instant , ok it's alot smaller than the zen install but really can't understand why they are both so slow.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

On one of the sites could you switch on 'Display The Page Parse Time' in the Admin (Configuration -> Logging). It might give a clue as to which part of the server config is causing the problem.

As Kim already said, some form of Unix hosting would probably be better.

Regards,
    Christian.

Plugin Contributions

Hi thanks for the reply, have turned on the config as you suggested in the dandncomputing.co.uk site and parse time results dont seem to line up with the time it takes to load the page, however i may be reading incorrectly.

And the linx hosting isnt a cost effective option at the moment and really there should be no need to use a sepeate hosting package to run my php based applications. I would imagine that there a huge ammount of zen installs on windows based servers that are running just as well as a unix based server.

Plugin Contributions

I looked at your site and then the parse time info on one of my test sites. The parse time is almost exactly the same and the query time is somewhat quicker on your site, but my test site loads almost immediately, where yours takes about 8 seconds.

Whatever the problem is, it looks like it isn't those two factors, anyway. Do you have any kind of re-directing going on ?

Plugin Contributions

Hi thanks fro the reply

no not to my knowledge anyway, even tried on my connection in work and we are on the government connection and it still takes the same time to load which makes no sense at all.

Do you think the host would be able to advise on the issue?

thanks again

Plugin Contributions

That's who I would be asking. I don't see it as a Zencart problem, since most installations (even on the evil Windows servers ) don't do that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast