Plugin Contributions

Default Ebay Exporter vs. Auction Lister Pro

I was wondering if other ebayers are using Ebay Exporter or Auction Lister Pro?

I understand that Ebay Exporter exports a CSV file to Turbo lister or Selling Manager Pro (external sources) while Auction Lister Pro supposedly does this directly in the store. The last post I saw in the support forum for Auction Lister Pro was for 2009. Is this add on still functioning?

I was wondering which add on other ebayers are using and why? Which one might be easier to use for a novice? The positives and negatives of both please if you have a little time.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ebay Exporter vs. Auction Lister Pro

Hiya All

I am wondering on this as well, does anyone use either module and can make comment on which one is best??

thanks ;)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ebay Exporter vs. Auction Lister Pro

Hi Luke,

This is what I have found:

The ebay exporter is more of a manual thing it exports to a CSV file that you then have to upload to either selling manager pro or turbo lister. Auction list pro on the other hand is a fully function module it comes with an web based installer.

Auction lister pro is a fully functioning module which means that the install will be a little more tedious. The second problem I had with Auction lister pro is that it handles a lot of funtionality. It hasn't been updated since August 2007. So my question is does it get updated frequently enough to work properly with eBay (which might get updated many times since)?

I did not install Auction lister pro because I felt it might not keep up with eBays constant updating (never mind the amount of times zen cart has updated since 2007). I understand the woes of creating an add on that works with the complexities of eBay, and keeping it updated to make it always work.

I ended up installing eBay Exporter which works well but has very few options compared to Auction Lister Pro. I really did want to install Auction Lister Pro but was afraid it was outdated, and/or would become outdated with one tweak to either eBay or Zen cart.

I might be wrong this was just my take on the subject. If anyone does have Auction Lister Pro installed and working please pipe in! I would like to know if it still works with Zen cart and eBay correctly.