Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Download links not always generated

I'm having an issue where the download links are not always being generated for downloadable products. I haven't been able to isolate what is different between them being generated and them not. All orders paid via paypal. I was using version 1.3.8a and this started happening so I upgraded to 1.3.9d but it's still happening.

I was going to add the download manually to the database per this suggestion: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158225 but that doesn't fix the problem - just gets the download to the customer. Also I didn't do it because the way I was understanding the instructions, orders_products_id should be the actual product id number of the product and when I look at the other entries in that table - even though they are all entries for downloading the same file - they all have different orders_product_id numbers. It's like they are increasing on each order just like the orders_id.

Thanks for any assistance you can give.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Download links not always generated

What happens if you look in the Catalog ... Download Manager ... do all Downloads have a green dot next to them?

Check that when in the Catalog ... Attributes Controller ... that you also see the download on the attribute with a green dot ...

Next, check that when you go to the Product in the Shop that you see the download selected, example if you have radio buttons on the downloads and there is a choice to be made ...

Next, check that when an order is made you see in the orders_products table the orders_id and products_id ...

and that in the orders_products_download table you see under the orders_id the orders_products_id as well as the orders_products_filename ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Everything checked out until the last sentence. The last two orders did not show up there. It seems to be intermittent. Orders 47-59 were all for the same downloadable product. Here are the ones that showed up in the orders_products_download table: 47, 49, 51, 53, 54, 56, 57

Plugin Contributions

Do you have an URL to your site and the products_id for the ones that were in the last order that did not have the download in them correctly?

What version of Zen Cart are you using?

On the last orders_id that did not process correctlyL
    what products_id are in the orders_products table for this order?

what products_id are in the orders_products_attributes table for this order?

what products_id are in the orders_products_download for this order?

Are you able to reproduce this problem yourself?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Do you have an URL to your site and the products_id for the ones that were in the last order that did not have the download in them correctly?
    http://www.cardscraps.com/shop/index...products_id=23

What version of Zen Cart are you using?
    1.3.9d

On the last orders_id that did not process correctlyL
    what products_id are in the orders_products table for this order?

what products_id are in the orders_products_attributes table for this order?
    there isn't one for this order.

what products_id are in the orders_products_download for this order?
    there isn't one for this order

Are you able to reproduce this problem yourself?
    no..so far, it works for me every time.

Plugin Contributions

I cannot reproduce it on a clean Zen Cart v1.3.9d nor on your site ...

I would do a check with something like Beyond Compare from scootersoftware.com and make sure that all of the files are up to date ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I have the same issue, did you ever figure out what was wrong? Thanks in advance. Mike

Quote Originally Posted by wk4hm View Post
    I have the same issue, did you ever figure out what was wrong? Thanks in advance. Mike
    No, unfortunately I haven't. Every time I get an order, I have to manually check and make sure their download links were generated.

Plugin Contributions

how do you get them the download if they don't get it, is there a way in the admin to add the download to an order?

Quote Originally Posted by wk4hm View Post
    how do you get them the download if they don't get it, is there a way in the admin to add the download to an order?
    Not that I know of - you can do it by editing the database which I did a few times. For the most part though, I just send them the download via email. Keep in mind though that I don't sell very many downloads and if I did, this wouldn't be an option. I just wasn't able to figure it out, so I gave up.

If you are able to figure it out, please post the solution here so that I (and others who have this problem) can fix our carts too.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast