Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default [DONE v1.3.9a] Shipping estimator not making cheapest option BOLD when logged in

Hi!

I'm having issues on a site I'm working on.

I have USPS, FedEx, and ZipShip shipping modules turned on. I have shipping estimator set to show ON the shopping cart page.

I'm having issues where the shipping estimator doesn't bold the absolute cheapest option. After doing some testing, it seems that if I am logged in, then the SHIPPING ESTIMATOR always bolds the cheapest USPS option, even though there are other shipping options that are cheaper. If NOT logged into my account, it works correctly and WILL BOLD the cheapest option of them all.

When logged in, and I press "checkout", it DOES pre-select the cheapest option as it should. The error only occurs when logged in, when viewing the shipping estimator.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping estimator not making cheapest option BOLD when logged in

Update:

The issue seems to happen when you have two shipping addresses. If you choose Address A as the shipping estimator address, it will highlight the cheapest option. If you shift to address B, it won't highlight the cheapest shipping for address B, it will keep the option that was cheapest for Address A highlighted. If I delete shipping address A, I still have to log out and back in for the cheapest rate for address B to be highlighted.

SO, perhaps its an updating issue, zen cart isn't recalculating the "Cheapest" every time? I guess this won't happen for everyone, but perhaps a guru can see what the error is.

Plugin Contributions

I have found this true between National and International rates so far ...

I will have to play with this further ... this has been moved to Bug Reports, thanks!
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I have a similar problem and wondering if the bug has been fixed. I have enabled flat rate, now when we estimate, flat rate is always bolded even if it is not the cheapest way to ship. But I only have 1 shipping address not like the above post.

Let me know if anyone has solved this.

Plugin Contributions

What are all of the Shipping Module(s) that you are using?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Store Pickup
    Flat Rate

United States Postal Service (1 x 7.18lbs) United States Postal Service

Express Mail (1 - 2 days)
    Priority Mail (2 - 3 days)

United Parcel Service (1 x 7.18lbs) United Parcel Service
    UPS
    Next Day Air Early AM
    Next Day Air Saver
    2nd Day Air
    3 Day Select
    Ground

FedEx Ground
    FedEx Home Delivery®
    FedEx Express
    FedEx First Overnight®
    FedEx Priority Overnight®
    FedEx Standard Overnight®
    FedEx 2Day®
    FedEx Express Saver®

Freeshipper

here is a screenshot http://www.mendweb.com/zcerror1.gif

using 1.3.7
    Last edited by makenoiz; 30 Oct 2009 at 08:34 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I will have to try to find an old v1.3.7 as I cannot recall off hand what issues there are with it on shipping ...

NOTE: You should still check that you're using the updated May 2008 USPS shipping module, referenced on the Security Patches:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131115
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Ok - let me know what you find. Do you think upgrading to 1.3.8a will solve the problem?

Plugin Contributions

Good chance it will as I cannot reproduce this problem in v1.3.8 with all the Known Bug Fixes:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82619

and Security Patches and Upgrades:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131115
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Just tested this in another store running 1.3.8a and the bolding issue still exists if you are not logged in.

Linda can you test while not being logged in and tell me what you get?

Anyone else have this problem and solve it?

Here is the screen shot of the 1.3.8a store with estimator bolding problem while not logged in.

Here is a screen shot http://www.mendweb.com/zcerror2.gif

Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast