Plugin Contributions

Default Help needed setting up pricing based on multiple attributes

Hi there,

I'm sure this will have been answered before, but I'm having trouble finding any info on it.

Some of our products have 2 or more attributes which determine price. For example, "Hook Size" and "Pack size"

We currently have 2 dropdowns where the customer can select the options they want, and price is determined by pack size alone. See this link:

http://www.hairrigs.com/coarse-carp-...ssional-series

What's the best way to set this up so that the size also determines price? For example:

- Currently, pack size of 25 costs £2.99 regardless of hook size

- However, we might want hook size 8 with pack size 25 to be £2.99 as above, but then hook size 6 with pack size 25 to be £3.99

We basically would like to set a separate price for each possible combination (and ideally have it update the page similar to ebay's multi-listing variation - see http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Professional-S...item950340e0cc

Any help much appreciated!

Dave

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help needed setting up pricing based on multiple attributes

By the look of things, what "owns" the price is the number of hooks in the Pack ...

If so, then you need the Option Name and Option Values to reflect this ...

Make an Option Name: Hook Size

Then make Option Values:
    Option Name: Hook Size
    Option Value: 6
    Default Sort Order: 6

Option Value: 8
    Default Sort Order: 8

Option Value: 10
    Default Sort Order: 10

Then, in the Attributes controller you can add each Option Name with its Option Value and its price ...

See the Tutorials/FAQ and search on:
    Attribute
    Option Name
    Option Value

etc. etc. and you should see how to do this ...

Also compare the use of Price by Attribute YES and NO if you want the Option Names/Option Values control the display price ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the response Ajeh!

I think what you are describing is how I have it set up at the moment.

What I actually is is for both Hook Size and Pack Size to set the price for example

Size 8 Hooks
    -Pack of 25 = £1
    -Pack of 50 = £1.75
    -Pack of 100 = £2.99

Size 6 Hooks
    -Pack of 25 = £1.50
    -Pack of 50 = £2.75
    -Pack of 100 = £4.99

Is this possible in Zen Cart without any plugins? If not, can anyone suggest a plugin that will do this?

Plugin Contributions

Okay so the hook size and pack size affect the price ...

You could manage this if you have Products for each Size then the Packets only on the attributes ...

Or Products for each Packet and then the Size only on the attributes ...

Or you have to set the prices up on the Attributes where they are set up in some type of relationship ...

But to set this up the way you have it now, you'd need a piece of the price on the hook and a piece of the price on the packets as both appear to be affecting the price ... and this is confusing to the customer ...

Setting up your Products as the Size would make more sense where you have Products called:
    Size 6
    Size 8
    Size 10

And you then just add Attributes for Packet Size with Prices ...

If you have to have the Prices split between the two Option Names you might look into the Quantity Pricing which calculates on the screen the price combo so when the customer picks the size and packets they see the combined price change on the screen ...

This way the customer is not trying to figure it out ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks again Ajeh, I think I was thinking about it a little to much. I'll just create different products for each hook size and have different prices for each pack size as you suggest.

Thanks again!
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

All my searching for "pricing based on multiple attributes" consistently brings up this thread at the top of the list. Has there been any developments on this front?

I'm creating a Zen Cart store for a company whose product prices are based on two attributes a FINISH and LENS type. 8 finishes and 4 lens types to be exact. That 24 possible combinations all with different prices! It would be great if I could have a single product entry with 2 dropdowns that together determine the price.

The only solutions right now seem to be either create a 24 attribute dropdown (yikes!) or make one product into 4 products based on the lens type, then have the single drop down with the 8 finishes to choose from. It would suck to quadruple my database just for that reason. Keyword searches would result in 4 times as many results. I'd have to add to the lens names to the product names to make it clear to the shopper.

Woe is me!