Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Multiple Add to cart broken after upgrade

I downloaded a new copy of 1.3.9d from the link that takes me to Sourceforge. The size of the saved ZIP is the same size as the previous one on my computer (for what that is worth).

I copied over the two files you requested, cleared browser cache and got the same problem.

I then copied the includes directory over. cleared cache and tried again.

Again it fails to add the item to the cart.
    Aloha from Hawaii! (its a dirty job, but SOMEBODY has to live here...)

Plugin Contributions

Spookie ...

You may drop me a Private Message if you wish to pursue this ... it is starting to bug me ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I have the same problem and I hope the answer will be shown here. It is bugging me for 9 months now.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Danglez View Post
    I have the same problem and I hope the answer will be shown here. It is bugging me for 9 months now.
    Huh ?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

UPDATE: So far, this looks like an isolated problem on a particular server. Since there are many software packages varying somewhat from servers where this works, I am going to chalk it up to a server software incompatability.

The workaround for me is to just disable the multiple add to cart option and click directly into the product itself to purchase the item.

I don't know if further time spent on this is worth it as there is minimal impact to few, if enyone else.

Should others have a similar problem I'd be happy to help compare what I found.

Mark
    Aloha from Hawaii! (its a dirty job, but SOMEBODY has to live here...)

Plugin Contributions

Hi there
    I just experienced the same problem and after reversing changes I had made over the last couple of days it turned out that the issue was with my browser (Firefox). After clearing all history and restarting Firefox all worked again. I assume the issue was somehow with session support, eg every page refresh started a new session.

This might have nothing to do with your issue anyhow I thought I'll share this in any case.

Plugin Contributions

another update on this.
    Firefox is again not adding multiple items to my cart on my Mac, however it works fine in Safari and in Firefox on my Linux box.
    No clearing, restart, re-booting or config changes in ZC change this anymore.
    While doing all of this testing IO have been receiving orders with nultiple items in them
    So it seems to me at this point of time that is a Firefox on Mac problem.
    Hmm, not sure what next. Ah, yes I also updated Firefox to latest version being 3.68. For the moment I'm going to ignore it and hope that whoever uses a Mac uses Safari and not firefox

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Interestingly, I use Firefox on Mac, as well as Safari, and can't recreate the problem of broken multiple-add-to-cart described in this thread.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi DrByte
    Could you do me a favour please and try this on my site. Because one thing I did do was rest my router and then it worked, but after some config changes in ZC admin > Stock to remove listing of new products etc. stopped working again and reversing everything and restarting router Mac etc. it will just not work in Firefox however Safari is fine.
    Please note that I have a WordPress site and Zen-cart is displayed in an iframe when you dispaly a product.
    Thanks very much for your help in this matter mate

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1. This thread is discussing "Multiple Add To Cart" issues. You don't have any such feature enabled on your site.
    So, I think your issue must be something else, which while it may have some similar symptoms, isn't the same issue.

2. You have broken image links in the header of your store. That usually makes customers think twice about shopping here.

3. You have extraneous "?>" code sitting at the bottom of your store.
    This suggests you have invalid code somewhere, and makes me even more likely to find that your HTML probably doesn't validate.

4. (Please take this as constructive criticism ... I'm not trying to be mean, offensive or rude:) I can't do any category navigation at all ... you've completely crippled that capability ... presumably because you're relying on your WordPress system to drive that. Even within WP I find it hard to navigate to other categories or products. Thus far I'm entirely unimpressed with whatever your wordpress setup has done with it ... not because it's not at all how Zen Cart has been designed to be used, but because it feels like a poorly-bolted-on store stuffed into a blog and makes me feel like I can't trust the systems involved in handling my purchase. But, that's just my gut feel. I guess if you're making a killing on sales then my view on this is meaningless.
    Sorry, those are maybe stronger words than I the message I mean to convey. But it's my initial reaction as a potential shopper new to your site.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast