Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How to show Free Shipping AND other shipping options?

With my old store using 1.3.7x I had it set up where if the item(s) in the cart all had free shipping, the customer could still choose other shipping methods such as Overnight, 2nd Day and even ground if they wanted to, but the Free Shipping option was also there for them to choose and it defaulted to that one.

I just upgraded to 1.3.9d and I can't figure out how to get all available shipping options to show when checking out with all Free Shipping items. It now shows Free Shipping as the only available method.

I tried comparing how the shipping options were set up in the older version to this new one but found nothing that was different in the way I had the older version set up.

Is this simply not available in 1.3.9d or if it is how do I set it so it will show them all so the customer can upgrade to a different method when every item in the cart has free shipping?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to show Free Shipping AND other shipping options

One thing that is always a good idea is to go to the Modules ... Shipping ... and edit each module being used and save the settings to NotePad and then do a REMOVE ... INSTALL ... and reconfigure ...

Do the same on the Payment Modules ... and then on the Order Total modules ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I just adjusted my cart to accomplish this -- offer free shipping as well as other shipping methods. (I'm still using 1.3.8a - so your mileage may vary).

1. I switched from freeshipper to freeoptions. (remove freeshipper).

2. In the order total modules, I had to change ot_shipping -> Allow Free Shipping -> to false. I also put the dollar amount to 0.00.

3. Configure the freeoptions as desired. (mine was very simple).

4. I also had to set the sort order for all of the shipping modules to 0. (This was necessary to work around a strange bug where the text during checkout displayed the incorrect messages to customers.)

Hope this helps.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by patternman View Post
    I just adjusted my cart to accomplish this -- offer free shipping as well as other shipping methods. (I'm still using 1.3.8a - so your mileage may vary).

1. I switched from freeshipper to freeoptions. (remove freeshipper).

2. In the order total modules, I had to change ot_shipping -> Allow Free Shipping -> to false. I also put the dollar amount to 0.00.

3. Configure the freeoptions as desired. (mine was very simple).

4. I also had to set the sort order for all of the shipping modules to 0. (This was necessary to work around a strange bug where the text during checkout displayed the incorrect messages to customers.)

Hope this helps.
    I don't see how I can make that work for me since most of my free shipping items have weight that must be used to calculate 2 day shipping for example. Also not all of my items have free shipping, only selected high dollar stuff so the cost of the item would not work either to give it a free shipping option.

It looks like it would work if the item had no weight entered. I am assuming that is how you control it?

Plugin Contributions

You want to offer Free Shipping but what is that based on?

Is it based on "some" Products?

All Products?

"Some" Products when Order Total is > $XX.XX ?

"All" Products when Order Total is > $XX.XX?

You have to be really specific as there are a zillion ways to offer Free Shipping and a zillion ways to limit who gets the offer for Free Shipping ...

Type really slow and pretend we know nothing about what you are trying to do ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    You want to offer Free Shipping but what is that based on?

Is it based on "some" Products?

All Products?

"Some" Products when Order Total is > $XX.XX ?

"All" Products when Order Total is > $XX.XX?

You have to be really specific as there are a zillion ways to offer Free Shipping and a zillion ways to limit who gets the offer for Free Shipping ...

Type really slow and pretend we know nothing about what you are trying to do ...
    It seems pretty clear what I wanted to do in my first post, but I will try to elaborate.

I want to be able to select free shipping on an item by item basis, just like I have been for years. It has been working great. When I add the item to inventory I choose the free shipping option. It allows me to put in the weight but still gives them free shipping on that item as long as they don't add non free shipping items to the cart. That was how I wanted it. If they added non free shipping items I wanted to charge them shipping for the entire order.

In the past it always showed free shipping as ONE option (not the ONLY option) but it also always showed the other shipping options which was what I wanted so they could choose a faster method and pay extra for it.

After upgrading to 3.9x now it ONLY shows free shipping as long as there are not any non free shipping items in the cart.
    It no longer lists any of the other shipping options such as 2 day air. I would like it to work like it did before and have no idea how to get it to do that. All the modules were removed then reinstalled at least twice with the same settings we had with 3.7x.

The upgrade works fine when there is a mix of free shipping and non free shipping items.
    Last edited by LRS; 20 Jul 2010 at 02:24 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to show Free Shipping AND other shipping options?

The Free Shipping Option freeoptions is designed to show with all other shipping methods, unless the Order is Free Shipping based on Always Free Shipping or 0 weight, where 0 weight is set to mean Free Shipping ...

The FREE SHIPPING! freeshipper is designed for being the only shipping method when the cart is all Always Free Shipping or when 0 weight is set to mean Free Shipping ...

What are your other shipping methods that you have setup?

NOTE: be sure that you have gone through all modules for Payment, Shipping and Order Totals and saved the settings to NotePad, then done a REMOVE, INSTALL and re-configure on each one ...

NOTE: if using Sort Order on 1 or more modules, ensure that you have a Sort Order on all of the modules ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    The Free Shipping Option freeoptions is designed to show with all other shipping methods, unless the Order is Free Shipping based on Always Free Shipping or 0 weight, where 0 weight is set to mean Free Shipping ...

The FREE SHIPPING! freeshipper is designed for being the only shipping method when the cart is all Always Free Shipping or when 0 weight is set to mean Free Shipping ...

What are your other shipping methods that you have setup?

NOTE: be sure that you have gone through all modules for Payment, Shipping and Order Totals and saved the settings to NotePad, then done a REMOVE, INSTALL and re-configure on each one ...

NOTE: if using Sort Order on 1 or more modules, ensure that you have a Sort Order on all of the modules ...
    I am using the freeshipper, not the freeoptions module. That was what I was using before also and before it did show along with FedEx or whatever other modules I had installed at checkout as long as there were no other inventory items in the cart that did not have always free shipping selected on the individual item page.

I have weight assigned to the items using freeshipper because I want them to calculate correctly with the FedEx module when not using freeshipper. That was how they were set before in 3.7x, with weight, not zero weight, and it worked the way I wanted it to.

When another item was added to the cart that did NOT have always free shipping on its item page, the freeshipper went away, which is what I wanted to happen.

As noted previously this worked fine in 3.7x but now the only option listed at checkout is the freeshipper. With non always free shipping items in the cart it works fine with 3.9x.

I have removed all shipping modules and reinstalled / reconfigured them several times but it still doesn't work like it used to in 3.7x.
    Last edited by LRS; 20 Jul 2010 at 02:54 PM.

Plugin Contributions

There was a time, that the FREE SHIPPING freeshipper "might" work with some add on shipping modules because the add on shipping modules did not "test" if they should or should not be displayed when the FREE SHIPPING freeshipper was running ...

Which FedEx shipping add on are you using? This missing code may have been added to the FedEx module that you are using ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

The only other shipping modules I have installed are the ground and express FedEx Shipping version 1.4.5.2

I ended up adding text to the PHP file for the freeshipper, that tells the customer that if they want to upgrade to a faster shipping method to contact us after they have checked out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast