Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Products disappearing in shopping cart

Hello everyone, this is my first post here.

I got problem on my website. When I add products to cart everything works just fine.

Here comes the problem: when I click my starting page link, Zen-Cart starts new session for some reason and generates me new 'zenid'. This will cause an empty shopping cart.

I'm using Zen-Cart 1.3.9D.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Products disappearing in shopping cart

I'm having a similar problem.. if you add something to my cart it looks like it works but then when the page refreshes it says "Your Shopping Cart is empty." and that's when I cry.. lol.
    "With hurricanes, tornadoes, fires out of control, mud slides, and flooding tearing up the country, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, "Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?"

Plugin Contributions

I have tried almost everything with this...I even uploaded all the Zen-Cart files again but it didn't help.

I have noticed that my site is not the only one with this problem. I visited in some other Zen-Cart shops and some of them have same problem. When you add something to cart it works but in some point it is starting a new session and site generates you new zenid.

I hope you understand what I mean ;)

Plugin Contributions

I wonder if it's something you either have to turn on or install separately like a mod? I didn't see it in the install manual but hey I'm blond it could have been anywhere in there.
    "With hurricanes, tornadoes, fires out of control, mud slides, and flooding tearing up the country, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, "Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?"

Plugin Contributions

are you adding items to the cart as a customer who is logged in? or as a non-logged in visitor?

Are you leaving long periods of time between adding items to the cart and then going to the home page?

Is this happening on a bought/custom template or does this happen even to the green standard template?

do you have an URLs we can look at and test?

Have i asked enough questions? lol

Plugin Contributions

do you have cookies enabled in your browser?
    does ZENID appear all the time in the URL on every page click?

See i have just logged into one of my test sites that i have not touched for months.. and the items i left in my cart are still there... as it is supposed to be.. and thats a 1.3.9a site manually upgraded to 1.3.9d

Plugin Contributions

We recently upgraded a client to 1.3.9d from 1.3.8a. His website is very popular so we are getting a half dozen reports of this issue per day. The customer will add a product to their cart and then when they add another product, it will appear in their cart under a new session (this is confirmed by checking whose online). They will only be able to see the products added under the first session.

However, often if they go back to the product's page that isn't showing in their cart, it will switch back to the other session but you can never view those products in the cart (clicking the shopping cart takes you back to the other session).

The problem doesn't happen consistently as we are still getting many orders, but the reports cannot be denied.

We fixed the init_sessions.php bug in 1.3.9d and made sure the cache URL in the admin config is set properly, however we are using the database to store sessions anyways.

Telling customers to open and close the browser does not always work and obviously isn't a viable solution as we cannot be there to tell every customer to try this.

We ARE using Simple SEO URLs.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

And if you turn OFF the url-rewrites ... ?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    And if you turn OFF the url-rewrites ... ?
    This is a live site, so we can't do that. I did merge the html_output.php file as per the instructions for SSU and 1.3.9d.

Are others reporting the same issue without using SEO URLs?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I can't replicate the problem with the URL you sent me by PM.
    5 times I added something to my cart, and every one got added to the cart fine. Tested in Safari on Mac and Firefox on Mac. Both latest versions.
    I do notice that you've got tons of addons and customizations installed, including a minifying tool and lots of ajax.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast