Plugin Contributions

Default i cannot send actual invoice number to paypal

hi,

i cannot send actual invoice number from my website to paypal when i use PayPal Website Payments Pro payment,i try to modify the varible 'INVNUM',but it is seem to be invalidly,who can tell me how to resolve it?

thanks every one!

Best Regards,
    Stephen

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: i cannot send actual invoice number to paypal

The invoice number is NOT known when the transaction is submitted to paypal, because it is generated AFTER paypal confirms the payment. Some find this confusing, and it will be changed in a future version of Zen Cart.
    In the meantime, Zen Cart v1.3.9 sends the customer number and the timestamp of the transaction, thus allowing you to match up the order ("invoice" as you call it) number the the transaction.
    Changing this approach is not recommended.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Paypal Website Payments Pro:

If i try to change the approach,it like first produce orders,then to pay the order.It may set $options['INVNUM'] = $orders_id.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stephen.tan View Post
    If i try to change the approach,it like first produce orders,then to pay the order.
    That is a MAJOR architectural design change, and requires a rewrite of all the checkout procedures and payment modules and order processing logic.
    If you do that, then many mods/addons will no longer work, and your site will not be supportable by this forum.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Can you show some demo for this?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

No. My point is that it's operating as designed, for now.
    If you want to change it, you will need to do significant custom coding to change your site operation.
    If it's absolutely critical that you have it, then you can try to hire someone to do the work for you, although I would NOT recommend it.
    If you have a sizable budget already set aside for this major rework, feel free to post an ad in the Commercial Help Wanted section of the forum and see if anyone will dare to make such huge changes to the code.