Plugin Contributions

Default Email Error: SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host."-Only on order status change

This has been working fine for months but has suddenly stopped working despite the fact we have not made any changes.

Now when we change the order status and request that an email be sent the message comes back "Email Error: SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host."

I have tested this SMTP account through MS Outlook and it works fine. It also works in Zencart if I use the Tools Send Email option.

So I am at a loss as to why this has stopped working - can anyone help?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Email Error: SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host."-Only on order status ch

From the "Similar Threads" section below: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156862

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Email Error: SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host."-Only on order status ch

Thanks for pointing me to this. I had come to the conclusion that it was something to do with the hosting company and now I have documentation to give to them.