Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer Uploaded Files - List and Download

Attached please find a new uploads.php.

I have rearranged the columns to be more logical, given them a border to be more usable and resorted the downloads by the order number instead of the upload ID.

~Melanie
    Attached Files Attached Files
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, the new uploads.php is so much easier to use.

As I manually delete the uploaded files from the images folder every week it does not matter that they cannot be deleted from Admin, but do you have any ideas as to how to delete the names of the uploaded files from the Admin? I currently have 40 pages of them. The only way I have found is to delete all trace of the order from the database.

Plugin Contributions

No, I had thought about looking in to deleted them, but it's really not a big deal anymore, as the array only pulls the max search results which is currently set at 25. So you are only querying the orders on the page you are on... and since the old ones are in the back now....

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

You are right it is not worth worrying about deleting the references to the files. Uploads in the admin is so much easier to use now and only need to go to first 2 pages to find the files to download. One minor change which I have managed to make for myself is that it is very useful to keep the customers file name included within the downloaded file name. If I need to contact the customer about a problem picture I can give them their file name, the orders I get usually have 5 or 6 photos on each personalised banner.

Thank you for doing this update.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mprough View Post
    No, I had thought about looking in to deleted them, but it's really not a big deal anymore, as the array only pulls the max search results which is currently set at 25. So you are only querying the orders on the page you are on... and since the old ones are in the back now....

~Melanie
    Well I still think it is an important function to be able to delete files and records related to the uploads. Because the upload directory takes up a lot of space if you have a huge amount of uploads on a daily basis and otherwise it can get confusing if you manually go and delete files on the server as to which ones to delete and which ones might not have been processed yet, not to mention the technically challanged operator which might never have ftp'd to the server in their life and relies on being able to point and click within the admin panel.
    Not to mention the database filling up with records related to the uploads which over time serve no function anymore once the order is processed.

Plugin Contributions

Manually deleted them in FTP will not make them disappear in the admin... The records is what is displayed in the admin and is has nothing to do with your uploads directory which you should be pruning regularly.

~Melanie

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mprough View Post
    Manually deleted them in FTP will not make them disappear in the admin... The records is what is displayed in the admin and is has nothing to do with your uploads directory which you should be pruning regularly.

~Melanie
    Yes understand what you are saying but it doesn't really have anything to do with what I was stating or the reasoning behind it.

Plugin Contributions

Just noticed we have the same problem back again with the file naming..... .jpg v's .JPG

Attempted the mod in post 17 but refused to load.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Anyone know what uploads folder this is reading from?

It looks like admin/uploads

Currently, my uploads buttons upload to images/uploads

How can I change this to upload to admin/uploads?

Thanks,

Clay

Plugin Contributions

I'm looking for a mod that allows customers to upload photo(s) per product, this are photo jewely products is there any relation of uploaded images to individual products or just orders?

If not does anyone know of a modual that can do this??? Thank You

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast