Plugin Contributions

Default Can sales made via an ipad somehow ignore tax settings? (store v1.3.9d)

I just had a sale go through on my store without the relevant tax rate being applied.
    The item that was bought has been set up to have a 10% tax component, yet the price on the invoice shows the same price for the item under price (inc) and price (ex) - the tax rate on the invoice shows 0%.

I did a test sale myself buying the exact same item, and setting my billing address the same as the purchaser, and I get the 10% tax applied correctly.

The only difference I've been able to work out between the order that went through and my test one is that the real order was made on an iPhone rather than a pc browser.

Is there any possible way that accessing a 1.3.9D store via the iphone could somehow cause the shop to not include the tax?

Is there any log I can look at to try and identify the cause of the problem?

Thanks!!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can sales made via an ipad somehow ignore tax settings? (store v1.3.9d)

Quote Originally Posted by deviouscow View Post
    Is there any possible way that accessing a 1.3.9D store via the iphone could somehow cause the shop to not include the tax?
    No. Tax calculations are based on the addresses supplied by the customer, and not based on the browser they're using.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can sales made via an ipad somehow ignore tax settings? (store v1.3.9d)

In that case, I think there's a bug in 1.3.9d (but relating to tax rather than iphone usage).

I'll put it in the bug section.