Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Extra Fields for Customer Sign Up (Create Account) Page

Sorry, I should have read all the threads before posting. Sounds like it does work with v 1.5.1 and data is added to customers table.

Plugin Contributions

We had a company do updates to our site and some file structures are different than from a standard install. I checked the files structures for the affected files to make sure they match and found that there are some differences.

The admin folder is called 2013. Can I assume I need to rename the admin folder from the download accordingly?

The create_account.php file is currently located at includes/modules/create_account.php which doesn't follow the includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/create_account.php file structure in the file(s) I downloaded. Should I change the file structure(s) to make sure they match or is this mod creating another create_account.php file that sits within YOUR_TEMPLATE (appropriate name).

If I should adjust the file structure how best to do that. i.e. should I create a YOUR_TEMPLATE (appropriately named) folder in my current file structure so that the create_account.php file is saved there or should I remove the YOUR_TEMPLATE folder from the files I downloaded and place the create_account.php file directly into the modules folder?

Plugin Contributions

Hi All,

I have installed and used this add-on for years now; but only used one of the 4 extrafields that come with it. It's been working fine for me.
    My store now has the need to use another field to store some extra customer info; but we want it to be available on the admin side only, and not on the sign-up or account edit pages that customers see. Currently when I turn on an extra field in the config, it's on in all those places.

Is there a clean way to do this rather than editing the template files ? My site is on 1.3.8a. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

I thought I'd post my own solution here, so unless someone has a better idea, I'll stick to to this (and it might end up helping others looking for a similar feature).

I clone the configuration keys to turn on/off DISPLAY_EXTRAFIELD and name their keys DISPLAY_EXTRAFIELD_ADMIN for each of the customers_extrafield. With these keys I can turn on/off at will.

The I edit /admin/customers.php ; wherever there is this:

Code:
    if (DISPLAY_EXTRAFIELD == 'true')
    I change it to:

Code:
    if (DISPLAY_EXTRAFIELD == 'true' || (DISPLAY_EXTRAFIELD_ADMIN == 'true')
    With this I can choose to have the extra field displayed the normal way or in admin only by setting DISPLAY_EXTRAFIELD_ADMIN to on .
    Last edited by thudn; 3 Jun 2014 at 06:44 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by thudn View Post
    I thought I'd post my own solution here, so unless someone has a better idea, I'll stick to to this (and it might end up helping others looking for a similar feature).

I clone the configuration keys to turn on/off DISPLAY_EXTRAFIELD and name them DISPLAY_EXTRAFIELD_ADMIN for each of the customers_extrafield. These keys allow me to turn them on/off at will .

Then I edit /admin/customers.php ; wherever there is this:

Code:
    if (DISPLAY_EXTRAFIELD == 'true')
    I change it to:

Code:
    if (DISPLAY_EXTRAFIELD == 'true' || DISPLAY_EXTRAFIELD_ADMIN == 'true')
    With this I can choose to have the extra field displayed the normal way or in admin only by setting DISPLAY_EXTRAFIELD_ADMIN to on .
    As I no longer can edit previous post for typo errors, please see all the corrections in the quoted part.

Plugin Contributions

Good evening,

I tried to install this plugin with 1.5.4. I used WinMerge to try to add the appropriate data while keeping the 1.5.4 structure. I then ran the SQL patch. But now when I try to edit a customer or delete a customer, I get an HTTP 500 error.

I copied all of my old files back to my store and tried to run delete SQL to no avail. Could anyone please help me?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jwlamb View Post
    Good evening,

I tried to install this plugin with 1.5.4. I used WinMerge to try to add the appropriate data while keeping the 1.5.4 structure. I then ran the SQL patch. But now when I try to edit a customer or delete a customer, I get an HTTP 500 error.

I copied all of my old files back to my store and tried to run delete SQL to no avail. Could anyone please help me?
    Peek at your /log folder for any errors that may have been left when the code failed.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get the customers_extrafield information to show on the admin invoice.
    I have installed the mod and can edit the field from the customers tab fine (i dont want customers to edit so I have not updated / modified the edit or create account pages)

I saw the code in post #6 but cannot seem to get it to work (code written for 1.3)

zencart 1.5.4
    Extra Fields 2.0

any help with this would be great.

Plugin Contributions

I added 50 fields using this plugin, it's working great except for when a user misses a field, it refreshes and displays a missing field warning, and wipes out all the 50 fields, so the user needs to add all of them again. The normal zencart fields don't get wiped out. I have looked at the normal zencart fields, but I don't know what the difference is and why these remain when extra fields become blank.
    Thanks for the contribution.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by vandiermen View Post
    extra fields become blank.
    p.s.
    Looks like this is my fault somehow, the extra fields 1 2 3 4 are fine, just the ones I added are becoming blank, I am sure I will figure it out soon.
    Last edited by vandiermen; 29 Dec 2015 at 02:39 PM.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast