Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Extra Fields for Customer Sign Up (Create Account) Page

Thanks for making this add on, I am able to make it work. But I have a question, I am trying to add more fields and can get them all set up except when I fill out the form, I get errors saying I need the required info. I think it may be the install file but I am not sure, the tables are in the database. All I did to the install file is change the info. here are the changes, and what the fields look like before and after I submit the form.

Code:
    ALTER TABLE customers ADD customers_ca_id varchar(32) NOT NULL AFTER customers_fax;

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES ('Display CA ID', 'DISPLAY_CA_ID', 'true', 'Display "ca id" on account creation page', '5', '6', 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now());

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES ('Require ca id', 'CA_ID_REQUIRED', 'true', 'Require the Extra Field in account creation', '5', '7', 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now());
    and the next one I installed

Code:
    ALTER TABLE customers ADD customers_dr_rec varchar(32) NOT NULL AFTER customers_ca_id;

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES ('Display DR REC', 'DISPLAY_DR_REC', 'true', 'Display "dr rec" on account creation page', '5', '6', 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now());

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES ('Require dr rec', 'DR_REC_REQUIRED', 'true', 'Require the Extra Field in account creation', '5', '7', 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now());
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen-1.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	8905   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen-2.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	8906  

Plugin Contributions

bumpity, bump, bump

Plugin Contributions

This worked perfect for me - Thanks!!

Just wanting to know how to move the 'extra field' out of the 'more contact details' area and place it under the 'Company Name' ?

Im using the extra field for an ABN Number: and would rather it went under the Company Name.

Any suggestions would be great!!

Plugin Contributions

shellbell, to move the field open this file:

includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_modules_create_account.php

and move this code to the section you want the field in:
    Code:
    <!-- start extrafield -->
    <?php
      if (DISPLAY_EXTRAFIELD == 'true') {
    ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <label class="inputLabel" for="extrafield"><?php echo ENTRY_EXTRAFIELD; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('extrafield', '', 'id="extrafield"') . (zen_not_null(ENTRY_EXTRAFIELD_TEXT) ? '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_EXTRAFIELD_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?>
    <?php
      }
    ?>
    <!-- end extrafield -->

Plugin Contributions

Perrrrfect Miss Jackie!!
    Thank you so very much for your contribution, time and help!
    Much appreciated
    Shell xx

Plugin Contributions

you're welcome shellbell!

chepnut, sorry i missed your post until now. Maybe it's too late, but I'll try to post a solution anyhow.

Check to see that you've got the new field in Admin > Configuration > Customer Details. Also, make sure your new field is added in all the appropriate files. Open the files and find everywhere it says "extrafield" - using extrafield as a guideline, copy and paste then change the variable to your new field. My guess is you may have missed one in this file (but check all files just in case):

/includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/create_account.php

Plugin Contributions

Hey, got the module working and it's great, thanks! Just wondering if it's possible to get that new field emailed with the Create Account emails?

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    How to control the width of the extra field ?
    I want it to be wider.
    Meaning I put a long question as the extra field but it is cut
    to six lines because of the short width.
    Site: adi-beauty (dot) com

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

@buzzfever, I haven't tried it, but it should be fairly straightforward. Open includes/languages/english/create_account.php and copy/paste one of the other fields as an example, then replace the variables with your 'extra field'

@gunni, CSS should help you with the length of the form field. Try adding something along these lines:

input {
    length: 150px;
    }

If you're talking about the actual number of characters in the form field, you could fix this limit in MySQL by going to customers table, and under customers_extrafield change varchar to a larger number.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jackie.taferner View Post
    @buzzfever, I haven't tried it, but it should be fairly straightforward. Open includes/languages/english/create_account.php and copy/paste one of the other fields as an example, then replace the variables with your 'extra field'

@gunni, CSS should help you with the length of the form field. Try adding something along these lines:

input {
    length: 150px;
    }

If you're talking about the actual number of characters in the form field, you could fix this limit in MySQL by going to customers table, and under customers_extrafield change varchar to a larger number.
    Hi Jackie

I uploaded/installed your mod ty v much

one issue I am having - may be related to above,

I tried to change the field box size on the account registration form, I'm using the extra field for the customer to put their website in..... but what ever value I put in the files (see below) it just reduces it to a really small field box size

files edited::::
    tpl_account_edit_default.php
    and
    tpl_modules_create_account.php

it's always the same result what ever number i put it for e.g. in module create account as I have pasted below here....
    (i have pasted both the 'company' code and the 'extra field' code for comparison)

<?php
    if (ACCOUNT_COMPANY == 'true') {
    ?>
    <fieldset>
    <legend><?php echo CATEGORY_COMPANY; ?></legend>
    <label class="inputLabel" for="company"><?php echo ENTRY_COMPANY; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('company', '', zen_set_field_length(TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK, 'entry_company', '40') . ' id="company"') . (zen_not_null(ENTRY_COMPANY_TEXT) ? '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_COMPANY_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?>

<!-- start extrafield -->
    <?php
    if (DISPLAY_EXTRAFIELD == 'true') {
    ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <label class="inputLabel" for="extrafield"><?php echo ENTRY_EXTRAFIELD; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('extrafield', '', zen_set_field_length(fields, 'customers_extrafield', '40') . ' id="extrafield"') . (zen_not_null(ENTRY_EXTRAFIELD_TEXT) ? '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_EXTRAFIELD_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?>
    <?php
    }
    ?>
    <!-- end extrafield -->

am i editing the wrong file(s)?

maybe i'm missing the obvious after trying to do this for 2 hours!!!lol

any help
    massively appreciated

thanks

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast