Plugin Contributions

Default upgrading 1.3.8a - 1.3.9e

For those of you that have upgraded your sites yourself, can someone tell me how bad it is? lol, I have several modules (around 18) and built the site myself (including the modules) so I am pretty savy around the files, but this is really really intimidating.
    About how long does it take without interuptions? sorry for all the questions, but the last thing I want to do is get this started and screw everything up!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: upgrading 1.3.8a - 1.3.9e

Hello,

We are getting in the process of upgrading as well. And I cannot say that I am great about this so would like some feedback on this as well. We are upgrading from 1.3.8a to the latest 1.3.9 release.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: upgrading 1.3.8a - 1.3.9e

I am currently attempting to upgrade as the others above. I had set up the site myself and made changes to the template etc... so I do understand what it's about. However, I am confused with the amount of "Unzip a copy of the new version of Zen Cart™" that is required.

So I was wondering if maybe I could install the new version, export the current site's db and back up the site. Then import the current db to the new installed version and upload all the image files. Will this keep the products, customers and orders? I don't mind redoing the template as it could probably do with a new look.

What issues could arise doing it this way? And if all else fails, how much would it cost for someone else to upgrade for me.

Thank you.