Plugin Contributions

Default what is this? �

ahhhhhh!!! this is so frustrating!!!

I'm using HTMLarea and after I add some text or a picture sometimes I see this on the page. � what is that and how can I stop that?

����������������������

wtf, my text would be ������������� like this and those stoopid ���� sh*t would be here ahhh!!!!!!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: what is this? �

i notice that if i use the spacebar to get to the center (to add text or a picture) then i would see a long line of those charactors there

Plugin Contributions

Every time I've had a box like that, it's been a special character I didn't insert properly. Space bar shouldn't do it, though.

Two suggestions:

Try installing this: http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1626 and use it instead of HTMLArea

Learn a little more CSS and create your pages in plain text and do the styling and layout in the stylesheet.

Plugin Contributions

I want to use the Fckeditor so I can upload pics but I am confused by the installation. What is a ROOT folder? The Admin Folder or the "Shop" Folder where all my zencart information is??

rename the admin folder to reflect you admin folder's name then drag all three folders into the root folder for your site (that's the one with an includes folder already as well as images, cache, media and a number of others).

is it easy to change permisooions to the myfiles folder to 777. I don't know what this is??

If you intend to use the file manager, for example for uploading and using image files directly in the editor, then change the permissions for the myfiles folder to 777 or 755 as advised by your web host. You may wish to change line 30 of the editor/filemanager/connectors/php/config.php file to true as by default it's false, which prevents the upload of files. However, please be aware that these steps can leave your site open to security vulnerabilities.

Plugin Contributions

Yes you can either do it via your FTP program by simply right clicking on that folder and then go to permissions and change it that way.

The other way would be to go into your CPANEL and then to PHP admin.

Personally I find the FTP method much easier.

The root the store folder. :)