Plugin Contributions

cart error Is there a Backorder Feature?

When a buyer selects an item and there is only 1 and they really wanted 4 - is there an option to backorder the items, not charge the buyer and additionally should an item not be filled by a certain time a message is sent to the buyer informing them that items they are waiting for are not available at this time and then take the back order qty off of the order?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is there a Backorder Feature?

Hi,

There is nothing in Zen Cart currently that provides such functionality. I'm also not aware of any add-on that provides it. I think your only option would be to pay someone to do the customization for you.

Regards,
    Christian.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Is there a Backorder Feature?

Thanks for answering me - who would I contact and how?

Plugin Contributions

There's a Commercial Help Wanted forum here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=138

Plugin Contributions

I'm not sure if this is something you are still looking for, or if this will even work for you.

If you want to put an entire order on Back Order you can create a new order status named 'Back Order' if you got to Admin --> Localization --> Order Status. Create you new order status, naming it whatever you would like.

Now if you go to Customers --> Orders and click on the order you would like to place on Back Order you can edit it and place it on the new status you created. This will also send the customer an automated email if you so choose that will let them know their order status has changed.

Once your Back Ordered item has arrived you can then ship and mark the order as shipped.

I know this is not really a back order system, but it is something I have found to work in my situation.

Plugin Contributions

Although it was very kind of you to suggest a way to utlize a manual backorder process - I am really looking for an automated process in which when a customer selects an item, even though there is a zero quantity, would place the item on backorder for a set amount of time and within that time if the item arrives it would fulfill the order or if the item does not come in with the set period of time it would notify the customer that the item is not longer available at this time. The automated process would notify the customer about the availability of the time, remove the item from the order making it complete. Should the item be available in the future the customers wanting the item would be notified.

It's my ideal situation and if I could program it I would but I don't know php.

Thanks! Jeff