Plugin Contributions

cart error Can't make changes to Tax Zone Definitions

I'm trying to make changes to the Tax zones, proimarly to the Sub Zones of the Canada GST Zone. Whenever I click on the Canada GST Zone and attempt to drill down one level to Sub Zones, I can't insert the additional provinces that were inadvertantley removed from the list. What do I have to do to be able to probably re-install the entire set-up of the tax zones and zone definitions. This is Urgent since Sales to Ontario are not being taxed as well as some other provinces, I assume. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't make changes to Tax Zone Definitions-HELP

Now That I have Changed the Zone name to Canada GST Zone & Description as GST(except HST Zones) It will not allow me to Insert the 8 New Sub-zones. When I click on the insert tab it doesn't give me any options other than an arrow in the country Box and nothing in the Zone box, I I enter a name say Alberta and click on insert it comes back as All Countries and Zone As Alberta but does not go inside the newly formed Canada GST Zone.

THIS IS URGENT THIS PART OF THE CONFIGURATION IS NOT ACTIVE, AND i CAN'T GET IT ACTIVATED.

PLEASE HELP.

DTBYTE. I downloaded the latest contribution which you had altered-Configuring Taxes for Canadian Sites/Zones.
    Do I have to go to Construction Mode to make the necessary changes????

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't make changes to Tax Zone Definitions-HELP

Sounds like you've got either corrupted PHP files, and maybe broken javascript, and maybe corrupted database content.

Coupled with your other problems about damaged index.php file, etc, I suspect you've got quite a number of problems that can only be fixed by carefully figuring out what damage exists on your site and why.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...ing_From_Hacks

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't make changes to Tax Zone Definitions

My other problem, the index.php was fixed with a new clean copy from my backup file. For the above described problem, where do I start?
    What PHP files are linked to the the Zones Definitions.
    Again thanks for your help.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Using the compare process I mentioned, do a checkup on all your /admin/ folder and subfolder contents.

How did your zone-definitions details get changed anyway?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I was trying to update them. Based on the changes brought on by the HST. I guess I started in the wrong place. I'll go and do a complete checkup of the admin files and their sub folder contents. I'll keep you apprised of results.