Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default xpanded category tree for drop down menu

After tinkering for hours i discovered how to have a fully expanded category tree on the drop down. All css, no category generator(s).

Now you can hover over the level 1 top category, the menu drops down and you now have a category menu with all of the categories, sub categories and their sub categories expanded.

I'll provide a link to a test site of mine with this working for anyone interested, please remember i have'nt started to style this yet but basicly you can have any width etc etc, but i will update when i have done some more work on it.

www.gearsofwargear.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Here is the solution for xpanded category tree for drop down menu

pretty interested on this project .

Plugin Contributions

I have it working on the link in my first post, please be my guest and add to any styling suggestions etc.

Plugin Contributions

i would prefer for the menu to be smaller in height .. more column . and tide to jquery for nice menu effects ???
    if you need a jquery example , let me know .. i can give you a site .

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Here is my solution for xpanded category tree for drop down menu

This can be used with jquery no problems.

I have only changed two of the products on this site. Other than those two products everything is standard zencart install. All of the products and sub's and their sub's are all from the install.

I left it like this to get the template right.

However this menu can be made wider, you can have jquery effects if you like, but the real advantage is because the category menu is totally dynamic.

Plugin Contributions

great ..
    this is the site for jquery effect and mega menu solution .. tried to add this to stock dropdown menu but i had no success in short while that i tried .

Code:
    http://www.sohtanaka.com/web-design/mega-drop-downs-w-css-jquery/

Plugin Contributions

Just in the midst of styling this to see what can be done but i'll take a look at the jquery later.

It looks however like all you would have to do to get that jquery affect to work is copy the jquery file into the includes/modules/pages/index.php and then put the jquery call in your html header.

As soon as i'm happy with the css i'll take a look.

Plugin Contributions

that would be great

Plugin Contributions

Just for your info. On IE7 the menu's pop up behind the image and cannot be seen, seems ok on IE8 though.

Plugin Contributions

LOL, i was getting to IE7, i lost a lot of stuff on my laptop and IE7 was one of them. I can't seem to find a download for it now. Don't suppose you could point me in the right direction and i will sort any IE7 layout issues. Thanks in advance.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast